Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221484
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118779
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6588
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61633
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 377
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20022
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168666
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6060
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 597
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5547
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60833
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274733
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24685
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694422
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174292

Asus K50IJ & T9x00
#1
Question 
Hi there! I tried to use a T9600 in an Asus K50-IJ (v218) instead of a T4400, to no avail. Since the chipset is compatible, I think it is just some dumb whitelisting in the BIOS which doesn't let me to change the CPU. Do you have modded BIOS-es for this model? The only thing what I've found here is http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-AS...nd-Updated , but that is a K50ID, I am afraid to use it... THanks!
find
quote
#2
Hi iceheart72,
Asus K50-IJ has Intel GL40 chipset that supports FSB speed 800MHz, but Intel T9600 processor supports 1066MHz bus speed. So them hardware is not compatible. The Maximum T9500 is allowable.
find
quote
#3
Really? OK, my bad then. I was misled by some comments found on the 'Net. Thanks a lot!
find
quote
#4
You can read discussion about CPU that supports by this chipset on CPU-Upgrade
find
quote
#5
So. Now it had been tested with a T9500 - and it didn't start, exactly like before. I am kind of pissed off, since now it really was supposed to work. FYI there are reports for sure of this notebook working with replaced T9xxx CPU's. Do you have any advice on what to do now? :S
find
quote
#6
Hi guys,

I've already posted about this in http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-In...Asus-K50IJ , however I think I'd better open a new thread with a possible Notebook + CPU combination in the title.

So, it is ASUS K50IJ, with BIOS version 218, and I'd like to have support for T9500.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks..._Download/

Mobo & CPU info:

http://imgur.com/qSF47Kd
http://imgur.com/OnbnIMI

http://ark.intel.com/products/33918/Inte...00-MHz-FSB

The mobo has a GL40 chipset. I checked the microcode list, and T9500 is in the list (0676). Could someone take a look, why it doesn't work and what is possible to do now? With the T9500, the notebook doesn't start at all. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount of reward for a tested & working BIOS.
find
quote
#7
OK, for the record, if someone ends up with Google here: it's been tested with v220 BIOS (from the BestBuy version) which worked with the motherboard, except WLAN, which disappeared. But, T9500 still doesn't work at all. No idea, why since the CPUID is there.

I scrapped the idea of this cpu upgrade.
find
quote
#8
I ll try the same upgrade as you 2 years ago. I ll keep you in touch about the results. I have exactly the same chipset and Southbridge as you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)