Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 57
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 122
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221885
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118879
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6634
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308899
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61707
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20087
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168765
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6120
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5613
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60903
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274792
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24730

[Unlocked] Acer Aspire 5745PG menus unlock
#1
Hello! I haven't been successful at unlocking the extra menus in my BIOS by myself, and time to learn how is running out before the semester starts. Sad

The laptop has switchable graphics (which with a BIOS update lost the option for discrete only... -.- ) nVidia GT330M.

Acer download link!

Edit: Here is the .fd file extracted from the .exe: http://www.mediafire.com/?z3gjc1910qcy76o

Thank you very much!!!
-Karl


Attached Files
.jpg   Photo0123.jpg (Size: 254.44 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpg   Photo0124.jpg (Size: 242.87 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   Photo0126.jpg (Size: 233.44 KB / Downloads: 70)
.jpg   Photo0128.jpg (Size: 227.44 KB / Downloads: 62)
.jpg   Photo0127.jpg (Size: 223.95 KB / Downloads: 67)
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Wink 
(01-08-2012, 08:09 AM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Woo! Gonna test it now, wish me luck!!! Big Grin
find
quote
#4
It works! Big Grin

Starts up, new menus, they have items (I'll post screenshots in a few minutes...) however, the switchable graphics option is still grayed out :/ Is that fixable?

If not, thanks anyway!
find
quote
#5
I can ungrey it, but maybe after that you change and brick. Do you want to risk? Smile
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Sure, my flash method is directly via recovery since I don't have Windows, so I've confirmed it works. Bring on the adventure/suspense!

--For other people who need the recovery for this laptop (Acer AS5745PG), the filename is ZR7X64.fd, with Fn+Esc before and during Power. The power indicator LED will flash slowly and then after a while the computer will restart by itself.--
find
quote
#7
Ok, tomorrow will do it Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
(01-08-2012, 05:52 PM)camiloml Wrote: Ok, tomorrow will do it Wink

Hi! I hate to bump, but maybe you forgot? xD Thanks for your time! Big Grin
find
quote
#9
I was about to post a request for this as well. I'd very much appreciate the "discrete only" option to be available again.

@karl.schindler
The ZR7X64.fd file, where did you find it? When I extracted the .exe I got a .bin file of the same name. Do I simply change the extension?
find
quote
#10
(07-25-2012, 07:57 AM)Mayfly Wrote: @karl.schindler
The ZR7X64.fd file, where did you find it? When I extracted the .exe I got a .bin file of the same name. Do I simply change the extension?

When extracting from the windows .exe downloaded from Acer, the file is directly directory created and called ZR7x64EC.bin and 2MB in size. Rename that to ZR7X64.fd.
For version 1.11 (the stock BIOS, which allows the discrete option but some other things don't work so well) the md5 is 190b10fd6516131b379eaaddc5b73ef2.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)