Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221478
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118779
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6588
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308749
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61633
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 377
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20021
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168666
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6059
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 597
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5547
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60833
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274733
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24685
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694422
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174292

NE56R - Bios Mod Request
#1
Hello,

So here is a description of the problem, also it would make the turn around time shorter if you are able to either include the most recent bios (.exe) update in the attachment, or if you cannot, then at least link it directly from the gateway site.

-----

Problem: Shutdown every 30 minutes
Laptop: Gateway NE56R11u
Replaced: CPU, HDD, RAM, Wi-Fi, OS, CMOS battery.

"I recently updated my Gateway NE56R with an Intel i7 3520, along with 16gb of Kingston 1600 v. 1.35l, an OCZ Agility 512gb SSD & an Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi card. The new configuration runs flawlessly, and boots and shutsdown under 20 seconds... except that the system shuts down exactly every 30 minutes.

I replaced the CMOS battery, have clean installed windows 8.1 pro, and updated bios to what is currently available.

I have hwinfo installed, and the CPU temp reads at about 48c-50c and idles at about 44c. It maxes at 76c under a benchmark full stress test, but I know that I can easily further reduce the temps with an external cooler but I highly doubt the issue stems from heat as it runs even cooler than the stock CPU. I will mainly use this laptop for light media, heavy internet browsing, and heavy word processing (for my PHD program).

Additionally, I cannot reset the 30 min clock cycle by triggering sleep mode within windows, which further makes me believe this is a bios issue. Even if it were to work, I would love a more permanent solution. This upgraded set-up has already saved me a great deal of money from getting a modern laptop with similar specs. Again, for those considering to help me out, I cannot thank you enough.

I believe the 30-min shutdown issue currently lies with the stock bios as maybe it has whitelisted the CPU, but I could be wrong. I just wanted to provide enough information to help anyone who is willing to assist me in diagnosing this issue. I have provided a copy of the current bios, could anyone with the knowledge mod it so that the whitelist doesn't the operation and the 30 min shutdown no longer occurs? Maybe it is not even a bios issue? Or maybe point me to a solution that already exists?

You have my deepest gratitude, thank you!"

LTran
find
quote
#2
This is an issue into Bios and is something about Intel ATT !
You have to look and find using FITC Intel Tool then look here :

[Image: image.png]

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
BDMaster,

here are the screenshots of the labels in PDF. The full report is HTML and quite large. Not sure what the best method is to post.
.pdf   set up menu tab.pdf (Size: 435.16 KB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#4
AIDA64 full report attached

.pdf   Report of _LTRANPHD_.pdf (Size: 2.78 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#5
Hello, i'm having this same issue with an Asus K53SV laptop. I downloaded the FITC tool but the ME Region doesn't have an option to expand. I also cannot install the Intel Managment Engine driver for my laptop, it returns an error.

Any ideas? Flashed the bios with two different versions. I'm running out of options here and the laptop continues to shutdown exactly at 30 minutes, straight to the seconds.
find
quote
#6
Tell S-spec of your CPU. And post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)