Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6517
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308185
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61532
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19934
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168396
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5962
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60713
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 641
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693510
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173980
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 918
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59522
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43056

Urgent Lenovo Z50-70 BIOS Help
#1
Question 
I'm a software engineering (college) student, and my school laptop (Z50-70) is out of commission. I really need my laptop back up and running soon for school, so I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance!

Background
Due to a known bug in Ubuntu 17.10, my BIOS was corrupted, and changes are not saved. My HDD was formatted, and since BIOS changes cannot be saved, I cannot change the boot order to boot using another device. I have ordered a CH341A based programmer and a test clip similar to those mentioned on a thread here on bios-mods. (Source 1 below)

I've been searching for clear instructions on how to proceed, but I'm having troubles with that. I can extract the .exe BIOS update from Lenovo to get a .fd file, but I believe I need a .bin file to flash the chip. I was able to find someone in the same situation as me on the Ubuntu bug report page. (Source 2 below)

Questions
1)  Where do I get a .bin file to flash the chip with?
2)  Do I need to read my chip and modify the current BIOS, or can I simply use a .bin found online?
3)  What did the individual from the bug report comment (Source 2 below) mean about the different regions or the ROM?
4)  What software should I use? E.g. software to read, write, and edit the ROM data.

Sources
1)  https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575
2)  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...mments/552
find
quote
#2
(01-31-2018, 11:39 PM)mjtimblin Wrote: I'm a software engineering (college) student, and my school laptop (Z50-70) is out of commission. I really need my laptop back up and running soon for school, so I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance!
Hi
first make your bios dump
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)