Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[Request] Alienware 17 R2 bios unlock
Last Post: AleZheK
Today 05:56 AM
» Replies: 125
» Views: 37607
Asus Rampage III Gene OROM Mod
Last Post: Ricyx
Today 05:24 AM
» Replies: 44
» Views: 39962
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z50-70 & Z40-70 (9BCNxx...
Last Post: paradroid
Yesterday 01:43 PM
» Replies: 728
» Views: 210107
CSM for the Asrock N100DC-ITX
Last Post: Christoph_1
Yesterday 01:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
Chuwi Lapbook Pro Laptop: corrupted bios
Last Post: voyagers
Yesterday 09:04 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 394
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 08:54 AM
» Replies: 489
» Views: 113810
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad W540 & W541 (G...
Yesterday 08:52 AM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 18338
[REQUEST] Acer eMachines eMD729Z BIOS Un...
Last Post: FDragon_21
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 5616
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite C850 & C855 ...
Last Post: rock77
Yesterday 07:25 AM
» Replies: 65
» Views: 20505
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Makasiaka
Yesterday 06:26 AM
» Replies: 1184
» Views: 285588
[REQUEST] Asus Rog Strix III (G731GU) ad...
Last Post: Onkelboern
Yesterday 06:07 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 6325
[Request] Packard Bell EasyNote TE11HC B...
Last Post: boikoboiko120
Yesterday 03:56 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 57626
[REQUEST] Acer VN7-792G BIOS Unlock
Last Post: xdjbx
Yesterday 03:51 AM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 11540
AliExpress Windows Tablet Bios Password ...
Last Post: jindraaa
05-31-2024 06:00 PM
» Views: 106
How to dump BIOS on Acer Predator Helios...
Last Post: fIysolos
05-31-2024 01:28 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Sony VAIO SVE151 & SVE171 Seri...
Last Post: netxxl
05-30-2024 03:00 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 24985
REQUEST - Dell XPS 720 BIOS mod to unloc...
Last Post: milo3169
05-30-2024 12:40 PM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430 & E5...
05-30-2024 11:41 AM
» Replies: 486
» Views: 142228
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
05-30-2024 11:38 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 6752
[REQUEST] BIOS unlock for an AMI based M...
Last Post: grave_digga
05-30-2024 07:33 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 234

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H rev 1.1
If you have time a SLIC 2.1 for Gigabyte would greatly appreciated.

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
MotherBoard Model: GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 1.1)
Bios Version: F11
Bios Type: Award

BIOS download http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...x?pid=3266&dl=1#dl

Thank you.
find
(06-02-2010, 11:26 AM)Druco Wrote: If you have time a SLIC 2.1 for Gigabyte would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Here you go boss and thx for the request! Big Grin
And remember to tell your friends about the site and to visit it for all their
bios modding needs! Big Grin
Link below post! Big Grin

AMI Bios Section ModeratorBig Grin
Exclamation
By requesting, downloading, and flashing a modified
bios you are held responsible for what you choose
to do with it. flash at your own risk! And please
remember to let us know if our mods work for you!

www find
(06-03-2010, 12:20 AM)f3bandit Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 11:26 AM)Druco Wrote: If you have time a SLIC 2.1 for Gigabyte would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a couple of questions.

1. The second file seems to be faulty according to WinRAR, was this a mistake? Or, is my WinRAR faulty?

2. The other file seems to have both the modified BIOS and the stock BIOS in it and the Autoexec seems to point to the non-2.1 file. Is that correct? Do I need to change it to point to the modified BIOS file?

Also can I use a Gigabyte cert instead of the Asus cert that you provided?

Please advise.
find
Yes change the bat file to point to the modded one. and yes you have to use the asus slic as I didn't have a gigabyte one. sorry Sad
it doesn't matter what slic you use as it deos show up anywhere after install.
it just tells windows it's pre-activated that's all. it won't change anything important or brand the computer. Big Grin
(06-05-2010, 03:56 AM)Druco Wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

1. The second file seems to be faulty according to WinRAR, was this a mistake? Or, is my WinRAR faulty?

2. The other file seems to have both the modified BIOS and the stock BIOS in it and the Autoexec seems to point to the non-2.1 file. Is that correct? Do I need to change it to point to the modified BIOS file?

Please advise.

Exclamation

www find
(06-05-2010, 04:02 AM)f3bandit Wrote: Yes change the bat file to point to the modded one. and yes you have to use the asus slic as I didn't have a gigabyte one. sorry Sad
it just tells windows it's pre-activated that's all. it won't change anything important or brand the computer. Big Grin

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Please advise.

Just an FYI..."1234s282" has the Gigabyte SLIC aand cert information according to another post I read.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Gi...e-2-1-SLIC

I've had concerns about future WGA verifications using hardware to SLIC audits. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for your help.
find
The only people that have to worry about that are the ones using loader apps that are either too scared to flash their bios or to lazy to find a modded bios on the net. You should have no problems the only thing that might change is whether or not microsoft blocks your key that's all if they blocked
the cert, slic, and slp info's added or replaced in the bios there would be alot of people with legit systems getting very angry at microsoft and their oem's
Honestly microsoft shot themselves in the foot cause the used the same protection scheme as vista. vista was leaked and cracked in a day. and they just reused the same scheme. microsoft really doesn't care as the scheme still does what it was designed to do. and that's to stop the average user from getting it for free. So look at it this way you and everyone on this forum and similar forums and sites are essentially super users. and that is a small demographic when compared to how many people own computers less than 1%. So us little modders and tweakers don't even show up as a blip on their radar. they would waste more money trying to stop that 1% than it cost in copy losses. Also the way the cert is installed is the same way governed by microsoft that oem's pre-activate their products. Microsoft would cost oem's millions of dollars if they were force to change the activation procedure in anyway. But if your that worried about it flash the new included bios. and re-install win7. skip the product key part of the installation. once to the desktop copy the cert to your c:\ drive. add your product key were the noted in the activation.bat file. and run activation.bat as admin. enjoy

[attachment=968]

(06-05-2010, 03:21 PM)Druco Wrote:
(06-05-2010, 04:02 AM)f3bandit Wrote: Yes change the bat file to point to the modded one. and yes you have to use the asus slic as I didn't have a gigabyte one. sorry Sad

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Please advise.

Just an FYI..."1234s282" has the Gigabyte SLIC aand cert information according to another post I read.

I've had concerns about future WGA verifications using hardware to SLIC audits. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for your help.

Exclamation

www find
(06-05-2010, 08:49 PM)f3bandit Wrote: The only people that have to worry about that are the ones using loader apps that are either too scared to flash their bios or to lazy to find a modded bios on the net. You should have no problems the only thing that might change is whether or not microsoft blocks your key that's all if they blocked
the cert, slic, and slp info's added or replaced in the bios there would be alot of people with legit systems getting very angry at microsoft and their oem's
Honestly microsoft shot themselves in the foot cause the used the same protection scheme as vista. vista was leaked and cracked in a day. and they just reused the same scheme. microsoft really doesn't care as the scheme still does what it was designed to do. and that's to stop the average user from getting it for free. So look at it this way you and everyone on this forum and similar forums and sites are essentially super users. and that is a small demographic when compared to how many people own computers less than 1%. So us little modders and tweakers don't even show up as a blip on their radar. they would waste more money trying to stop that 1% than it cost in copy losses. Also the way the cert is installed is the same way governed by microsoft that oem's pre-activate their products. Microsoft would cost oem's millions of dollars if they were force to change the activation procedure in anyway. But if your that worried about it flash the new included bios. and re-install win7. skip the product key part of the installation. once to the desktop copy the cert to your c:\ drive. add your product key were the noted in the activation.bat file. and run activation.bat as admin. enjoy

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for making the change I appreciate it.

One more question if I may. Instead of reloading Win 7, why couldn't I just deactivate Windows then flash the BIOS, and load the new cert, then reactivate it? Also I am assuming that any future BIOS upgrades will have to be 2.1 modified, correct?
find
Yes windows 7 slic, slp, and certs must be 2.1, and you will have to have a mod done for every new bios update that is released. But it's not a biggie really as it only takes me like 3 minutes to whip one up. You don't have to deactivate really. just flash and then activate again. the old activation will be overwritten. I just mentioned the reload option as a zero chance of problems scenario. Big Grin
(06-06-2010, 02:50 AM)Druco Wrote:
(06-05-2010, 08:49 PM)f3bandit Wrote: The only people that have to worry about that are the ones using loader apps that are either too scared to flash their bios or to lazy to find a modded bios on the net. You should have no problems the only thing that might change is whether or not microsoft blocks your key that's all if they blocked

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for making the change I appreciate it.

One more question if I may. Instead of reloading Win 7, why couldn't I just deactivate Windows then flash the BIOS, and load the new cert, then reactivate it? Also I am assuming that any future BIOS upgrades will have to be 2.1 modified, correct?

Exclamation

www find
The F11 flash worked perfectly I used a bootable USB stick with DOS.

I have also used it on a rev 1.3 MB

I did have the dual BIOS revert back to the initial settings during a lightning storm on one application, but that's another can of worms that needs to be solved sometime.

Thank you again.
find
he intentado hacer el mod y aunque continuaba arrancando hacíBig Grina un eror.
pero funciona bien lo mismo. La actualizacion de BIOS la hice usando el QFLASH de la BIOS (oprimir F8).
Comenzar la instalación y cuando reinicia la primera vez y pregunta si activar AHCI responder Y. Luego instala todo perfectamente
find