Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Bios ram table mod
Last Post: Mortazaa
Today 11:35 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 10133
[REQUEST] Thinkpad W550s - unhide the CF...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 09:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Today 08:29 AM
» Replies: 672
» Views: 197440
HP Pro 3400 (Foxconn 2ABF): New GPU Supp...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 08:14 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 9582
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: haidersa
Today 04:41 AM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 77624
Unable to enable TPM on ASUS laptop afte...
Last Post: averagePedestrian
Today 04:38 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
About Dudu2002
Last Post: Golima
Today 01:48 AM
» Views: 44
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dv7-3000 (Intel) B...
Last Post: sienkol69
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 30889
[REQUEST] ASUS FX506HC BIOS Unlock
Last Post: alesha69
Yesterday 07:10 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 384
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
09-14-2024 05:28 PM
» Replies: 1773
» Views: 515945
[SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite C660 and T7x0...
Last Post: oggy997
09-14-2024 03:04 PM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 20517
Help with bios update
Last Post: ciruiostar
09-14-2024 12:50 PM
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Asus ROG G35CG Bios Unlock
Last Post: Rinat
09-14-2024 08:08 AM
» Views: 371
[QUESTION] Can an ASRock 775V88+ BIOS wo...
Last Post: XPUser2600
09-13-2024 01:06 PM
» Views: 106
ECS/MEDION Z170H4-EA add kabylake suppor...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-13-2024 07:50 AM
» Views: 161
HP H-IG41-uATX 45nm microcode update LGA...
Last Post: goldenhill
09-13-2024 01:15 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 66631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Flex 2-14D & 2-15D (9FC...
Last Post: mekishiko916
09-13-2024 12:38 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 100
[REQUEST] Lenovo G40-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: DiazIT
09-12-2024 08:28 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 10719
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (8DCNxxWW)...
09-12-2024 02:29 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 7604
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
09-12-2024 11:28 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 75677

[REQUEST] Gigabyte Aorus 5 SE4 BIOS Unlock
(09-08-2024, 02:34 PM)mehmetarslan47 Wrote: I am also waiting for that , it'd be wonderful to have an unlocked version of the bios
Backup_Tools22.zip works properly on our computers, as well as CSME System Tools v16.1 r0.rar, however don't get your hopes up with this computer... it seems that it's impossible to mod this computer's BIOS because GIGABYTE made sure to prevent any loopholes from being accessed... We can't disable Secure Boot on this computer without deleting the Secure Boot variables/keys, which induces a chance of being locked out of your OS and having to reinstall it, but without disabling Secure Boot, there's no way to disable write protection that is enabled on the BIOS... so until this problem is solved it looks like it's impossible with this specific computer model, and GIGABYTE probably made it this way intentionally  Sad

Let me know if you find a solution to this...

EDIT: To anyone with this exact computer model, if you deleted your Secure Boot variables/keys, tell me, did you get locked out of Windows? Or was everything still just fine? Please let us know, it would help to know if it's safe to delete the keys. If we can delete the keys without issue, then we can disable Secure Boot and get the mod successfully flashed...
find
(09-09-2024, 12:42 AM)DidiEdd Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 02:34 PM)mehmetarslan47 Wrote: I am also waiting for that , it'd be wonderful to have an unlocked version of the bios
Backup_Tools22.zip works properly on our computers, as well as CSME System Tools v16.1 r0.rar, however don't get your hopes up with this computer... it seems that it's impossible to mod this computer's BIOS because GIGABYTE made sure to prevent any loopholes from being accessed... We can't disable Secure Boot on this computer without deleting the Secure Boot variables/keys, which induces a chance of being locked out of your OS and having to reinstall it, but without disabling Secure Boot, there's no way to disable write protection that is enabled on the BIOS... so until this problem is solved it looks like it's impossible with this specific computer model, and GIGABYTE probably made it this way intentionally  Sad

EDIT: To anyone with this exact computer model, if you deleted your Secure Boot variables/keys, tell me, did you get locked out of Windows? Or was everything still just fine? Please let us know, it would help to know if it's safe to delete the keys. If we can delete the keys without issue, then we can disable Secure Boot and get the mod successfully flashed...

Hello again,
I have deleted secure boot variables many times in order to install some Linux distributions and I haven't had any problem at all. Also, after deleting those, there is an option shown as "reinstall secure boot variables as factory settings" so that you get to reinstall them without any problem.
find
(09-09-2024, 12:25 PM)mehmetarslan47 Wrote:

Hello again,
I have deleted secure boot variables many times in order to install some Linux distributions and I haven't had any problem at all. Also, after deleting those, there is an option shown as "reinstall secure boot variables as factory settings" so that you get to reinstall them without any problem.
Thank you for letting me know. Is there an option to disable secure boot after deleting the variables? If so, then we can get past this and successfully mod the BIOS! Otherwise, I believe deleting the variables/keys leaves you in Setup Mode which is not recommended to use operating systems on. Anyway, please let me know, and I will proceed with getting my BIOS mod, and let you know how it goes! But remember, you have to get a personal mod, since the BIOS contains special information about your specific computer, even if it's the same model, flashing another user's modded BIOS can have undesirable effects, so be careful to get a mod made for your personal BIOS dump
find
(09-09-2024, 10:31 PM)DidiEdd Wrote:

Hello again,
Thank you for letting me know. Is there an option to disable secure boot after deleting the variables? If so, then we can get past this and successfully mod the BIOS! Otherwise, I believe deleting the variables/keys leaves you in Setup Mode which is not recommended to use operating systems on. Anyway, please let me know, and I will proceed with getting my BIOS mod, and let you know how it goes! But remember, you have to get a personal mod, since the BIOS contains special information about your specific computer, even if it's the same model, flashing another user's modded BIOS can have undesirable effects, so be careful to get a mod made for your personal BIOS dump

After deleting the variables, secure boot get disabled. I will be looking forward for the results as well as the source or the way you mod your BIOS.
find
(09-10-2024, 05:14 AM)mehmetarslan47 Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 10:31 PM)DidiEdd Wrote:

Hello again,

After deleting the variables, secure boot get disabled. I will be looking forward for the results as well as the source or the way you mod your BIOS.
Thank you, I did end up deleting the variables, however, Secure Boot just remains in Setup Mode, not actually on the mode of "disabled". In practice there's little difference, but the problem is it's dangerous to run an OS while in Setup Mode because that opens you up to potential attack vulnerabilities including even rootkits. Either way, I ran the commands to disable write protection in my BIOS, but they didn't fully work. There is apparently a lot more write protection in the way, so simply running those commands isn't going to be enough to solve it. But I'll update you if any new information comes out, and the other person on this thread is also working on an even better way to mod the BIOS without even flashing, so hopefully there are some promising results to hear of soon!

[Image: 7W8yrs.jpg]
find