Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Today 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6551
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 156
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308317
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61573
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 337
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19976
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168487
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6007
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 553
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5506
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60769
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274694
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 680
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24660
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693862
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174062
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 950
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 520
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59572

[request] unlocked bios for fujitsu celsius h710
#31
So i tried it one more time with my existing hardware doing everything exactly like in the article. It took some time but I established a connection without the ac plugged in. I compared two dumps, they were identical. Than I flashed my first dump. And I took one more dump of the dump i just flashed and compared it with my first dump, they were identical, too.

Unfortunatly, there is still no reaction of the laptop when I push the power button...

I would order the pomona clip if you say there is a good chance that it can be fixed with that one. But isn´t there actually a good chance that the first two dumps are corrupted already? And isn´t there a good chance that I crashed my laptop because of the ac plugged in while flashing?
find
quote
#32
Dang... It looks like your machine is hard hard bricked. I am unsure of why the programmer can't recover it. The backups you took previously with the programmer look okay.

With the way you described it in your previous post, I don't think the programmer is flashing garbage to the BIOS chip, thus purchasing the Pomona 5250 probably wouldn't do any good. I just wanted to make sure that verification was happening to rule out the clip connection issue.

It looks like your BIOS chip (MX25L6405D) requires 3V, which the programmer should supply, so that shouldn't be the issue either. I cannot say for sure that having the AC adapter plugged in while flashing caused the issue. I think it is unlikely, but not impossible. It is more likely the BIOS chip got hit by static when touched (very easy occurrence without anti-static gear and you can't always feel/see it). That said, both of these are small chances.

This is my first brick (and first what seems like unrecoverable one) since I started BIOS modding...

A few final steps to try:
1.) Remove the CMOS/BIOS battery before proceeding to the next steps. I've read that sometimes the CMOS battery can interfere with the flashing process. You shouldn't need to put it back in to test the system after flashing. The system might restart a few times, take a little longer to boot, or beep at you if it is not in though - any of which are indicators that the system is at least partially alive.

2.) At the bottom of the AsProgrammer window when you click "Identify", what shows up (should look like some kind of ID values)? Get these values with a "good" connection (ie: when you are getting consistent/identical dumps verified with a hex editor). Maybe AsProgrammer doesn't handle writing to your particular BIOS chip well.

3.) Speaking of BIOS chip compatibility, is AsProgrammer automatically detecting that you have a Macronix MX25L6405D BIOS chip? If not, you may want to try manually selecting it before flashing. Click IC (at the top) > SPI > Macronix > MX25L6405D (or something that looks very similar, such as MX25L640.. with the last two characters being anything). Let me know if it doesn't have it listed.

4.) Try this after we try the previous two steps. It is possible that AsProgrammer simply does not handle the writing part very well with your particular BIOS chip.

https://github.com/boseji/CH341-Store

^This link is to a GitHub page with a lot of information about the CH341A official software.

For Windows
https://github.com/boseji/CH341-Store/ra...341PAR.ZIP - For the programmer
https://github.com/boseji/CH341-Store/ra...341SER.ZIP - Serial Driver

^^I think the Serial Driver package is the one you want. These links are from that above page. I would run the executable in DRVSETUP64 directory first so that the drivers are installed. Then install the software with SETUP.EXE in the root directory of the archive.

Hoping that these last ditch efforts will fix your laptop. If not, I offer my sincerest apologies.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)