Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 138
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 123
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118988
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 196
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6690
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309162
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61837
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 513
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20148
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168960
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6198
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 712
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5676
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61024
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274860
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 825
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24768

NVMe for ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
#11
(04-24-2019, 12:08 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome.  Following step #4 in that guide is for booting off the NVME, so I'm confused on what's going on here, what drive are you booting MAC from?  

This has nothing to do with MAC OSX etc, if you are booting to another disk (not the NVME) the NVME would always show up even without BIOS mod, unless you have a faulty disk, or you need a certain format for things to show up there.  I don't use MAC, so I don't know how similar what you mention is to windows device manager, but in windows if you do not see a disk in device manager then it's a failed drive (DOA) or some other issue.  The BIOS mod is only needed to boot from the NVME, otherwise the disk always will be usable as a secondary spare drive.

Maybe for MAC/OSX you need some special/certain driver for NVME?  Confused here though, not sure what you're doing or how things are connected, what your goal is etc.

Hi 

What I'm trying to do is building mij new custo Mac. (doing this for some time know) So im booting from an MAC OSX boot usb (same process as with windows) I havent got any other disks connected..

the thing is it isnt showing up in the disk tooling were you can format or partition it. 

What  I can try is booting from in a windows usb just to be sure.. 

But im afraid is a do a or a bios setting that isnt correct
find
quote
#12
Sorry, I have not used NVME personally and do not use MAC OSX, so can't help with this more than I've mentioned. Yes, you could have some BIOS option set wrong? Test the disk as a spare in a windows system to make sure it's not faulty, see if you can see it in device manager or not (This system does not need NVME Mod BIOS, that's only to boot from the drive)
find
quote
#13
How can I flash bios, the flash ez does not accept the mod file.
find
quote
#14
谢谢,不知道测试ok了吗?thank you,did it test ok?
find
quote
#15
Is this the most up to date Sabertooth Z77 BIOS with NVME support?
Had a look through https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/howto-...bios/30901 but looks like a how-to on how to do it yourself.

Thank you.
find
quote
#16
So, I finally got this, with Win11, running perfectly, here is how I did it afer a LOT of problems Tongue

Hardware used:
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD (MZ-V7S2T0BW), 2 TB (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MLJD32L)
- on a very cheap 6amLifestyle M2 NGFF-SSD Adapter (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T5RXNGF)

as flashing didnt work in ANY way, i had to buy a (cheap) bios programmer (CH341a - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07PQQPS6D) and mod the bios my self.

For the programmer to work, I didn't need any clamp or adapter (which I all bought for nothing). I could just pick the bios chip from the motherboard and place the chip into the programmer and everything worked perfectly (Watch the direction in which you put the chip into the programmer and back into the motherboard, otherwise you could burn and kill it)

how reading and flashing the bios works, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8f-3syiFSc
as for the software: "AsProgrammer" on Windows just didnt work, it didnt recognize the programmer, so I used the program "flashrom" on Linux, which worked like a charm.

For BIOS modding: I did it on windows, following this guide: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/howto-...bios/30901


I am now running windows 11, on the newest Version 22h2, using this guide: https://jensd.be/1860/windows/upgrade-to...d-hardware

hope I could help
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)