Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: ggxgtusr
Today 12:31 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3511
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 155
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223502
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119076
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 228
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6725
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309424
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61888
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 553
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20201
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169100
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6246
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 752
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61084
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274920
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 870

Toshiba Satellite L500 & L505 (with Socket P): Quad cores CPU Support
#11
(10-04-2015, 01:09 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: "Hardware limitations" is the number of voltage regulators.

So, Does someone can help
find
quote
#12
I don't think so.
find
quote
#13
(10-04-2015, 01:13 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I don't think so.

Thanks for your time
find
quote
#14
Hello,

I have been using that notebook for 8 years. Its working fine but i want upgrade for a quad core  Q9100  Cpu. Cpuid of cpu exist in bios but, it doesn't operate. I tryed adding cpu microcode but couldn't succeed on that. Also appreciate if you can unlock hidden overclock features.

Regards

Bios link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/11lab7


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#15
Hi everyone! First time posting here, my apologies in advanced if I forget to include something or add something incorrect.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L500 (PSLS0C-02H012) and wanted to upgrade my CPU from a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 (2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) to a Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9300 (12M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB).

I have tried to install the CPU, and even successfully reached the desktop a couple times, however the computer normally just reboots without ever getting to the desktop. The couple times it did successfully load, it hung shortly after logging into the system and remained hung until I hard rebooted. There are no errors presents and the current BIOS does see the desired CPU correctly when installed.

I'm hoping that a custom BIOS can be created that will allow me to take advantage of the quad-core processor. I have a DropBox folder created with images of the CPUID CPU, Caches, and Mainboard tabs, as well as additional information on both the currently installed and desired CPU. I have also included the currently installed BIOS (BIOS210.exe) as well as a BIOS file (qx31v180.exe) from another Toshiba laptop - the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q708 - which natively came with the QX9300 CPU. I believe, at least from my understanding, that my current chipset does indeed support the desired CPU - but I could be mistaken, I'm not a BIOS Guru like the folks here!

The DropBox link to the supporting files is here; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/14ghpjd611o2n...cSTea?dl=0

If you require any additional information don't hesitate to ask. Thanks and I look forward to seeing if this is possible!
find
quote
#16
Your laptop is based on LA-4982P motherboard. It have only two power phases for Vcore. It isn't enough for CPU with TDP=45W.
find
quote
#17
Hi DeathBringer! Thanks for the prompt reply. That's disappointing however. Would that explain the rebooting the system is doing? I guess it's back to the drawing board on a CPU upgrade - hopefully I can return this one!
find
quote
#18
(09-23-2017, 03:38 PM)geekmonkey Wrote: Would that explain the rebooting the system is doing?
Yes.
find
quote
#19
my problem is!(motherboard)KSWAA L03 LA-4982P (bios) phoenix 2.1v for satellite l505-111 PSLS3E-1500l GE.
it had T6600(SLGF5)(e4) cpu Bus800 2MB MHz 2.2Ghz. i upgraded to T9800(SLGES)(e4)cpu Bus 1066 6MB Mhz 2.93Ghz. until here everything works.
Now i have put q9100(SLB5G)(e4)cpu Bus1066 12MB 2.26Ghz and when i press the power button it show me logo of manufacturer and freeze!!!!nothing works except forse shutdown, it suppose to load bios and boot(can send any info just ask!!!!!)
find
quote
#20
Can you install old CPU and disable showing the logo?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)