Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 185
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223394
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119066
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6720
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309396
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61885
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 549
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20198
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169085
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6241
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 748
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5721
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61081
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274913
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 863
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24802

[REQUEST] Compaq Presario CQ62-225NR
#1
Request for a fully unlocked Insyde BIOS (or at least access to Advanced / Power tabs) for my laptop:

- Model# CQ62-225NR
- Screenshot of BIOS below
- Link to BIOS here (sp52598.exe)

Would love any help from anyone.  I have learned a substantial amount searching for a solution to my problem, but still have no solution.  What I could gather is I might have multiple tabs 'hidden' but can only have access to two more unless I replace existing?  I just want tabs that affect any type of performance so I can have total control of my machine (like it should have been out of box in my opinion...)

I have followed a few tutorials and would like to thank people such as SnakeyJake, Crahzee and Donovan6000 for the information I happened to stumble upon, although all posts seem to be dating quite a few years back (the laptop I am asking assistance with is over 5 years old so I guess it makes sense..).   

So far I have successfully making a bootable usb for UEFI Shell access (I am clueless in this realm), and even attempted to follow Donovan6000s guide here.  I got as far as locating the conditional jumps, call functions and cross referencing portion until I simply drowned from not knowing the material.  I was following the guide to a T, but wasn't sure what the cross referencing portion was really accomplishing,  I also noticed if I messed up on a portion because on his end in IDA Pro he shows (in his case) 'text:000000018000105A' but in my IDA Pro is read 'source:000...etc...'.  I figured I messed up somewhere before this because I failed to locate any conditional jumps (in the guide we are looking for jz and jmp, all I could locate was js...

Novice question here, the fact that my BIOS version from the HP support site is sp52598.exe, are all BIOS with this filename one in the same?  Or are they uniquely made for each board?  Wasn't sure if they are interchangable since parts might overlap across different models.

I am just explaining my knowledge so far, which is very little in the matter.  I am eager to learn as my trade is in I.T. just more on the hardware side, so it is a refreshing hobby.  Cheers, happy 2016.

[Image: g3KKl]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Try this one :

http://rghost.net/8srnnf2Zl

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(01-02-2016, 04:22 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Try this one :

http://rghost.net/8srnnf2Zl

Regards

Results -

It works!  See attached.  Cheers man.  Must have overlooked this version in my searches?  I suppose I should've looked up all models of laptop mobo with a part# of 1444?

Now to learn how to even use these settings correctly...


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Here is Advanced tab only unlocked. As you see Diagnostics tab replaced to Advanced (It's specific HP bios, bios of another vendor let unlock other tabs without hide current tab).Power tab, AMD_CBS, Debug are still locked.This bios is RSA signed and produced before 2012 so it can be modded.
find
quote
#5
(01-02-2016, 11:08 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Here is Advanced tab only unlocked. As you see Diagnostics tab replaced to Advanced (It's specific HP bios, bios of another vendor let unlock other tabs without hide current tab).Power tab, AMD_CBS, Debug are still locked.This bios is RSA signed and produced before 2012 so it can be modded.

So the original Compaq BIOS I linked is not RSA signed and cannot be modded?  What exactly is an RSA signature, just for learning purposes.


Also, It appears I have already bricked the BIOS *facepalm* just by simply upgrading to Windows 10...  Is it because the BIOS sees a foreign Operating System in the 'Main' tab and freaks out and hides?  I suppose I can live with it...  or just revert back to Windows 7.

The whole point of me venturing down this road was to allocate more system RAM to the GPU (installed 8gb RAM over its stock 2gb).  The laptop would be for my gf..  she wants to play a game (Game of Thrones Telltale via Steam) that recommends minimum 1gb Video RAM.  And to maybe tinker with fan speeds just because it runs super hot.  I guess I can stop being cheap and buy a better cooling pad for the thing, or even a new device entirely.
find
quote
#6
I looked at laptop specifications and found that laptop have untegrated graphics (ATI Radeon 4250).This video is not good solution for games.You may get some freezes during playing or game cannot launched maybe.You should find laptop with discrete graphics with dedicated 1gb VRAM (for example ATI radeon 4650, 5650 series or Nvidia 230 GT or above). I think your not good compatible with this game.
I dislike AMD chipsets and CPUs because it are very hot, quickly degradading and not so perfomance as Intel.
But last word for you and you can try to use this laptop.
Good Like!
find
quote
#7
It is possible to get a new link please, and will it work on
Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM ?
find
quote
#8
Please give a new link.
find
quote
#9
sp52598.zip
find
quote
#10
Hello,
I want to unlock the BIOS for this device. It is an InsydeH2O rev. 3.5, and looks like it has a legacy BIOS only. I heard from someone it includes an EFI-like implementation, but do not know how to use it. If possible, maybe someone can also provide me instructions on how to unlock that?
BIOS link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-5...p52598.exe
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)