Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6366
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[SOLVED] HP d530 CMT microcode addition
#1
Hello,

I have an HP d530 convertible mini-tower with a Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.2ghz installed. The system works, just throws a "Microcode update error" during POST and I need to hit F1 to continue each time, which is an annoyance. This is a 786B2 motherboard and I cannot cross-flash this one to the equivalent Asus (?) motherboard like certain d530 models allow.

I have added the correct microcode for my processor by replacing another unneeded section of microcode in the ROM.bin file with a hex editor, but I'm not sure how to flash the BIOS now since the ROM.cab file seems to have a .sig file signing the ROM.bin file. The DOS flasher seems to use a different file entirely which is smaller than the 512kb BIN file. I'm not sure if I would be able to flash the modified ROM.bin file using the DOS flasher in this case.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can the HPQFlash.exe Windows flasher be modified to ignore invalid signatures and flash anyway, or can the modified ROM.bin be signed and placed in a new CAB file for HPQFlash to use? Is there an alternate flasher I could use?

Thanks for any assistance.
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
Attached are screenshots of the requested CPU-Z tabs, plus output of intelmicrocodelist.exe of the original and my modified BIOS adding the necessary microcode.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote
#4
Try this method:
1. Download any 786D1 BIOS.
2. Extract file \DOS Flash\FLASHBIN.EXE
3. Download last 786B2 BIOS.
4. Extract all files from folder \DOS Flash\ to DOS USB device, except BLUEFI*.* and FLSHLITE.EXE
5. Copy FLASHBIN.EXE to DOS USB device.
6. Copy modded bios to DOS USB device.
7. Boot from DOS USB device.
8. Run FLASHBIN.EXE
find
quote
#5
I receive the error "Note! There are no image files on the diskette for the device you have selected". Do I need to pass any arguments to FLASHBIN.EXE? I have named the modified BIOS the same as the 786D1 BIOS (7D1_0161.bin) and also left it named as ROM_MOD.bin. When doing "flashbin /?", I see no arguments that will allow me to force-flash a specific file.
find
quote
#6
Try use FLSH.CPU from 786B2 and 786D1 BIOS with this:
FLASHBIN /F FLSH.CPU DEFAULT
find
quote
#7
(03-12-2016, 09:53 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try use FLSH.CPU from 786B2 and 786D1 BIOS with this:
FLASHBIN /F FLSH.CPU DEFAULT

With 786B2 FLSH.CPU: no change.
With 786D1 FLSH.CPU: "Error! Either there are no valid drivers on the diskette or there are no upgradable devices in this system."
Then my keyboard stops working and I must power off.

Maybe I need to put a supported CPU in the computer and try again?

Also, perhaps I could try the newer flashbin version (1.10.02) in this thread? http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Har...25#M126142
find
quote
#8
Original supported processor installed + 786B2 FLSH.CPU: "Note! There are no image files on the media for the device you have selected." when attempting to run either flashbin or flashbin /F FLSH.CPU DEFAULT.
find
quote
#9
Try FLSH.CPU from 786B2 and original Rom.bin
find
quote
#10
Same error. Using FLASHBIN.EXE from 786D1, FLSH.CPU and original Rom.bin from 786D2 on a DOS-bootable floppy disk.

Is there any way to convert ROM.BIN to "BLUEFI" lite version to use with FLSHLITE? Or insert ROM into ROMPAQ (guessing not due to signing)?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)