Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424440
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309712
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169303
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6344
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61198

Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 - microcode patch
#1
Bios link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...7520J-86A-

Ideal donor bioses for the microcode section would be : DG43RK https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...4310H-86A-
or : DP45SG https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...4510H-86A-

Cpuid : 06FB - Xeon E5335 - doesn't post
Cpuid : 1067A - Pentium E5400 - it posts - windows doesn't load - somehow works in linux.

I've read a lot about the intel bioses and the dreaded UEFI encapsulation and signature.
I've tried AndyP's tools - as soon as I've modded the module, it fails to pack the firmware.
I've tried using the uefitool (ubu) to extract only the body - fails at flash - or the entire module (I've tried to figure how to correct the checksums) - same result, fails to flash.
I've tried to insert a complete module, unmodified, from a donor bios with same size - no success.
I've tried to use the ITK, but that doesn't help.
I've tried to find the fitc tool - but the oldest I could find would be for 6 series chipset.
I've tried intel's fpt tool (dos, windows) to force flash the modded bios, but I guess I didn't find the right version (messages about this platform is not supported). No other flash tools seem to work.

I'm not very good at using the IDA disassembler - I couldn't follow CodeRush's instructions from his articles - partly due to google translate.
I don't have a programmer to flash the modded bios.

I'd like some opinions from people that spent some days on the same issues:

Are there any tools from intel (SDK) something to rebuild/edit the BIOS ?
Are there any tools that can force flash a modded bios on an intel board ?
Are there other ways to extract/repack the bios besides uefitool ? (repack being the painful part)
Is there a way to disable/bypass the signature check that fails with a modded bios ? Tried donovan's articles to no avail.
Is there a way to use a new set of keys to repack the intel bios ?

If anyone has anything that I could test, just fire away, I'm willing to go nuclear on this board.

This is a project that I've started as a tech geek, my life doesn't depend on it, but I seem I can't just put it to rest Wink
find
quote
#2
Have you any CPU for this motherboard that can boot Windows?
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
P.S. Chipset 975X support FSB=1066 Mhz maximum. So it's a reason why E5335 with FSB=1333 MHz doesn't post.
find
quote
#3
Here are the screenshots from cpu-z:

I know that officially it doesn't support 1333fsb, but I've seen some nice results with asus boards with the same chipset (past 400 - 1600fsb overclocked)
I wouldn't had tried otherwise.

       
find
quote
#4
You can try bsel mod to boot E5335 underclocked.
find
quote
#5
Please download latest version of BIOS (for DOS).
Unpack all files to USB stick with pure DOS and boot from it.
Then run:
iflash /md /pf BX2838P.BIO
find
quote
#6
(03-25-2016, 01:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Please download latest version of BIOS (for DOS).
Unpack all files to USB stick with pure DOS and boot from it.
Then run:
iflash /md /pf BX2838P.BIO

I've tried the latest version (2838). The one in the capture (2813) is 2 versions back - I had a sligthly larger microcode module (64k vs 60k).
The results are the same.
find
quote
#7
Please flash latest version of BIOS form DOS by iflash.
And show result. I need it for modding.
P.S. Version 2809 has 68K microcode block.
find
quote
#8
Updated (again) to the latest bios version from intel (2838)

       

Same results :

C2D E5300 (45nm) somehow works in linux (OS ucode update) - cpuid 06F6 - platform 01
Xeon E5335 - no post - cpuid 06FB - platform 40


I'm gonna dig for the bsel mod for the Xeon.
find
quote
#9
Did you flash by iflash?
What CPUs you have for socket 775(!) with CPUID=06Fx ?
find
quote
#10
(03-25-2016, 03:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you flash by iflash?
What CPUs you have for socket 775(!) with CPUID=06Fx ?

I stand corrected :

the e5300 is 1067Ah

I have the cpu in the pictures : C2D E6600 - 06F6
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)