Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 174
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222364
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118933
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 189
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6670
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 292
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309032
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61800
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 497
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20133
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168882
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6174
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 695
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5655
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60974
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274833
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 810
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24762

please somebody help rebuild AMI Aptio bios from all parts
#1
Hello, I made a dumb error with fpt, I tried to flash the BIOS using the -rewrite flag. The program started erasing the SPI then at some point the PC shut off and now is dead. I had previously dumped all regions: DESC, GBE, ME and BIOS. This bios doesn't have PDR. All the files are in this archive.
Is anyone able to rebuild the SPI (8192KB) so that I can flash it back with EZP2010?

Here's the archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa1zbtim0ecf45...d.rar?dl=0

and here is the dump of the SPI as it is now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r27scr090gjynqq/dump.rar?dl=0
find
quote
#2
AFAIK, "AMI Aptios" is actually Insyde BIOS
You could try flash your stock bios from the Crisis Recovery mode, almost ever modern Mobo has it
here's the tutorial:
Insyde: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/
AMI, in case I'm wrong: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

I've recently recovered mine with this method, my second option was flashing the EEPROM directly like you're trying to do, I recommend that as a last resort thing. usually the crisis recovery is outside of the "flashing sectors" of the BIOS, if you're lucky you didn't override it.

good luck.
find
quote
#3
(04-14-2016, 11:15 PM)leocb Wrote: AFAIK, "AMI Aptios" is actually Insyde BIOS
You could try flash your stock bios from the Crisis Recovery mode, almost ever modern Mobo has it
here's the tutorial:
Insyde: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/
AMI, in case I'm wrong: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

I've recently recovered mine with this method, my second option was flashing the EEPROM directly like you're trying to do, I recommend that as a last resort thing. usually the crisis recovery is outside of the "flashing sectors" of the BIOS, if you're lucky you didn't override it.

good luck.

Thanks for your reply, the AMI Aptio is not Insyde bios -> https://ami.com/products/bios-uefi-firmware/
The recovery method that you suggest doesn't work with this laptop.
I was able to rebuild the bios with the dump of the spi and an hex editor, I replaced the data from the single dumps with the hex editor into the dump then I flashed back the entire bin (8192 k) with the spi flasher.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)