Hello mclarke2355, first, thank you SO MUCH for this effort, it's incredible Acer just sold a bold thing without one of the most important features in a processor... but well, their loss...
I followed your instructions for creating a vars.txt file, and I'm uploading it here, in hopes you can help me enable AMD-V in my system (I only need that). I'm posting my whole specs in case you need my complete information:
Laptop: Aspire E5-553-1786
OS: Windows 10 64 Bit Home Build 1607
Bios Version: 1.13
16 Gigs RAM (15.5 available)
AMD A12 APU 9700P
Radeon R7 Graphics (512 MB)
Currently, AMD-V is disabled, task manager says so, and VirtualBox doesn't let me install 64bit OSes, VmWare Player cannot use AMD-V for faster operations.
I'm uploading my vars.txt for you to check it.
vars.txt (Size: 110.08 KB / Downloads: 13)
I have a little doubt tho, will this process change any other BIOS settings in the laptop? (specially messing with the hardware reserved memory, I want it like it is currently) Will this revert the fix this version of BIOS has regarding display banding? (ver 1.13 fixes a severe banding older revision was having, right now I have no issues) If I have any trouble with this, is there anything I can do to restore it to a previous state?
Sorry to pester you with this questions, but I wanna be sure before patching my system... it was an epic victory to force Acer to fix my problems with the display...
Thanks in advance for your ENORMOUS help.
See ya!!