Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3519
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 155
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223529
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119083
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 229
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6726
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309438
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61889
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 555
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20202
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169104
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6249
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 754
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5726
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61086
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274922
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 872

HP 8300 add unable to flash modded BIOS
#1
Sad 
I have an HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF desktop and I'm trying to add the PCIe AHCI driver for my Samsung SM951 SSD. I was able to add the driver with mmtool but now I can't flash it.

Here is the original update package for my BIOS ver from HP http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77888.exe

Is there any way to get a modded version of the included HPQFlash 4.40.1.1? I have 4.30.10.2 and have created a ROM.CAB but it doesn't recognize my mainboard, so it won't flash.

Quote:The BIOS image is not compatible with this system.

Family of BIOS in ROM update: K01
Family of BIOS in system:

The system BIOS will not be updated.

Is there any other method to flash a modded BIOS that may work? I tried dumping my BIOS with FPTw64 8.0.10.1464 but it tells me this.

Quote:Error 26: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

I was afraid to blindly flash with fptw, thinking I might end up with a brick. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
find
quote
#2
It turns out my bootloader was the issue. I am now able to get all the way through flashing, but as soon as it's done with block 4096 of 4096 I get a different error message that's related to WMI. I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the BIOS flash is actually taking. The machine reboots and I've cleared the CMOS, but the SM941 still isn't directly bootable, nor does it show up at all as a disk.

I will post more details soon, along with a link to my modded BIOS, if someone could take a look at it. Perhaps I've just made a mistake.
find
quote
#3
Here's the error message from HPQFlash.

Quote:An unrecoverable error has occurred while flashing the BIOS.

Error code = 0x13 (FLASH_IN_PROGRESS_WMI).
Then it says "The system BIOS has NOT been updated."

Now, after a reboot it will not POST. After clearing CMOS it appears to POST. It beeps, Numlock light turns on/off, CTRL-ALT-DELETE restarts it but there is no video output on the VGA port at all. Any ideas?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)