Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221664
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118835
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 122
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6611
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 219
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308813
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61665
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20050
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168706
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6093
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5577
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60866
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274757
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 740
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24711
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694554

Asus WS C621E Xeon Platinum Engineering Sample Support
#1
I currently own a couple of intel xeon platinum engineering samples (the label on them is QL1K). Because of this, they won't boot up on the Asus WS C621E Sage but they will boot on some other motherboards such as the Supermicro X11DPH-T (I own both but would like the C621E to work since it has some extra features). Is it possible to mod the bios on an Asus WS C621E to allow these chips to boot?
Currently on initial boot it gets stuck at post code 04 which is PCH initialization according to Asus' documentation.
Now if I hit the reset button at that point it'll cycle through some codes and end with 66 and one long beep followed by two short beeps which indicates a memory error (tried memory in all slots and the memory does work on the supermicro board).

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

EDIT: Links to each BIOS: 
Supermicro - https://www.supermicro.com/about/policie...temID=5924
Asus - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Sock...1517290751


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
find
quote
#3
I helped them test updated (Actually older) microcodes versions used in a known working motherboard (X11DPH-T) in this board w/ those CPU's, no change.

ME version in the Asus board is slightly older than the known working Suprmicro board (X11DPH-T), but finding updated ME tool for proper clean transfer has not been successful. And without socketed BIOS, recovery on this model is only relying on USB Flashback, or SPI header, so little risky to flash possibly broken ME into the board using outdated ME tool (Intel ME SPS 4 PU 4.0.3.113)

Hope you can help @DeathBringer Due to risk, I advised them not to try the ME transferred (Direct transfer, and settings only transfers) BIOS files I've made them, until they had the SPI header cable in hand and were able to get verified backups with programmer. I've sent them on Asus hunt to multiple forums, social etc trying to nudge out some official help too, no luck yet.
find
quote
#4
Hey Deathbringer (and Lost!),

Here's a screenshot of the CPU and Mainboard tabs on the Supermicro X11DPH-T that Lost mentioned. Unfortunately I don't have any CPU's that work with the Asus WS C621E that I can use to fully boot with. Do you need any other info?

   
   
find
quote
#5
Make current BIOS backup of your WS C621E SAGE with hardware programmer.
find
quote
#6
That is our holdup currently, the BIOS is QFP, waiting on SPI header cables (And confirmation from Asus if SPI header pinout is similar to Z370 boards) to attempt backup via header.
Example image from review - https://images.anandtech.com/doci/11960/ics.png
find
quote
#7
Hi, I am new here and I am wondering if someone can help me I have bought an ASUS WS C621E Sage and am looking for some ES CPU advice. 

I have seen people like Linus run ES or QS on the board, so am wondering if I would need a special bios to allow me to do that or is there an established list of ES cpus which have been tested and known to work with this board?

I have my eye on a genuine bronze CPU for about £200 but I would like to spend less by going the ES route if thats possible. 

Thanks for your time.
find
quote
#8
Best place I know to ask which ES are known to work is in this thread, many users there with various ES and some do work
https://www.win-raid.com/t3893f16-Allow-...-Sage.html
find
quote
#9
(02-18-2019, 10:35 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Best place I know to ask which ES are known to work is in this thread, many users there with various ES and some do work
https://www.win-raid.com/t3893f16-Allow-...-Sage.html

Thanks I will check it out! and thank you for the prompt reply Smile
find
quote
#10
You're welcome, tag (@name) some of the users you see posting in that thread, or all of them, in a new reply, then they'll all get a message that you posted your question.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)