Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6525
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308247
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61545
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19945
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168433
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5973
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5474
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60728
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274672
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693688
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174005
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43064

Supermicro x11dpg-qt bios mod
#1
I inserted a CPU microcode patch of CPUID 50652 (b0) to the latest BIOS , after updating the bios using the modded rom, the system no longer works.
When I try to restore the pre backed up bios file (through ipmi) I receive message "couldn't find FID String" then it doesn't allow the flashing.

Any suggestions on how to fix the server? (Official bios 2.1 that supports the CPU is not found for download)
find
quote
#2
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPUs.
find
quote
#3
I extracted a patch from older supported bios, and inserted it to the newer bios, the mistake most probably was that I didn't preserve ME when flashed with the modded rom.
I still have to do some reverse engineering to see if there any checks for the stepping (although I doubt it)
My problem now is not to add support anyway, but to find the original older Bios build that used to support it .
find
quote
#4
You can ask Tech Support for the older 2.1 BIOS. If you know the actual BIOS name (Since their BIOS names never match with model name) let me know maybe I can find it. For example, latest BIOS is 3.1, but file name is X11DPG9_523.zip << If you know that file name for 2.1 maybe I can find for you.
find
quote
#5
Unfortunately I don't know the build number cause that was the one on the board and I didn't ever download it.

But sharing any old BIOS of X11DPG9 you have will be really appreciated, yes 523 is 3.1, I remember 321 was 3.0c anything below this is most probably 2.1 or 2.0a/b/c
find
quote
#6
R 2.0 - X11DPG7_B29.zip
R 2.0b - X11DPG8_226.zip or X11DPG8_418_32MB.zip
R 2.1 - X11DPG8_720.zip - https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfile...G8_720.zip
R 3.0a - X11DPG8_C21.zip
R 3.0c - X11DPG9_327.zip
R 3.1 - X11DPG9_523.zip
find
quote
#7
Managed to fix it (got the bios).
Now starting over what I was doing Smile
Flash the modded bios with preserving ME also failed!

Any ideas why what I did failed? I'm disassembling the Csm module to check, suggestions from experts in adding new CPU to bios file help.
find
quote
#8
Thank you very much .. appreciate it
find
quote
#9
Nice find DeathBringer!

Best to do this with programmer probably, so what you want on chip is what gets put on chip
find
quote
#10
I found nothing by disassembling Csm or any other modules I suspected! I believe Supermicro doesn't make stepping checks and blocking CPUs... as far as I noticed, they just drop it away when it's dropped from Intel's microcode update, and hence, i expected extracting it from an older supporting bios rom file and inserting it to the newer rom that doesn't support it should work! Any advises here?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)