Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 142
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 124
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 196
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222779
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118999
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 198
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6692
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309176
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61847
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 515
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20149
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168966
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6198
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 713
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5676
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61025
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274861
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 826
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24769

[HELP] Can't enter BIOS anymore in lenovo Z580
#1
Question 
Hello,
I have a Lenovo Z580 with a dual boot between Windows 10 and Arch Linux in UEFI Mode using Grub. My BIOS version is the latest one "5FCN95WW".
This morning, I wanted to install Arch Linux with Anarchylinux-cli to test an encrypted setup (I never did that before).
As I wanted to keep my internal hard drive untouched in case something goes wrong, I installed it on an external drive connected through an USB port.
Installation with encryption went well.
I rebooted my computer after the installation process ended.
In the freshly installed Grub menu from the external hard drive, I selected Anarchy entry (Grub had explore all my systems on the 2 hard drives). There were an error during boot so I rebooted and then selected Windows (also from the Grub installed in the external hard drive). It did boot successfully. So I shut down the computer normally.

Then, I wanted to make Grub in my internal hard drive to be the first entry in UEFI settings. I disconnected my external drive and powered on my computer. But then, it was strictly impossible to enter BIOS. It is usually F2 key. "Fast boot" is disabled in my windows settings, I checked it multiple times.
Every time I turn on my computer, Windows is loading though.
Using the "NOVO" button to boot the computer show me a little menu. Every option is getting Windows to show up. I can't launch Lenovo recovery, nor boot menu or BIOS setup.

I tried the windows recovery option to reboot to the UEFI setup. But it did reboot to Windows without going to the BIOS menu.
Re-flashing "5FCN95WW" is not possible using the .exe from Lenovo because I am already on this version (maybe we can force it but I don't know how).
I tried to downgrade using this method but I have windows blue screen due to WinFlashSys (or something) crashed and then the computer reboots.
I tried the method of Wincris.exe  using the 5FCN35WW.wph file because "5FCN95WW" exe package is using a .CAP file and Wincris uses only WPH files (as I understood). But when rebooting with "Fn + R" the computer reboots 2 seconds later again in windows.

I don't know what to do. I think my BIOS is completely messed up and I can't find a way to flash another one nor recover it.

Can you help me please?

I have a CH341A with clip. Is it possible to flash a functional BIOS with this ?
find
quote
#2
I identified 2 motherboard chips that could be the BIOS ones:
- W25Q64FVSSIG : "IC FLASH 64M SPI 104MHZ 8SOIC, FLASH - NOR Memory IC 64Mb (8M x 8) SPI - Quad I/O, QPI 104MHz 8-SOIC"
- W25X40BVSSIG : "IC FLASH 4M SPI 104MHZ 8SOIC, FLASH Memory IC 4Mb (512K x 8) SPI 104MHz 8-SOIC"
Which one corresponds to the bios ?
Can I flash the bin file from Lenovo-Z580-BIOS-Mod-V3-1-FINAL ?

Here are pictures of my motherboard and the chips:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
find
quote
#3
Hello,
I would try to use the "Wincrisis" recovery method but it uses only WPH bios files. The version I have, 5FCN95WW is provided by 2 .exe files (5fcn95ww_public 64bit.exe, 5fcn95ww_private 64bit.exe).
When I inspect the extracted files in their temporary folder, I find 1 file named 5FCN95WW.cap in each having the same size.
Do you know what are these files and if I can convert them in .WPH ?
Thank you.
find
quote
#4
I am having similar issue, My BIOS is corrupted and my screen won't come up because of that. could you please tell me how did you resolve this ?
Also can you flash z580 bios chip with CH341A ??
find
quote
#5
(08-22-2019, 08:23 AM)Z580 Wrote: I am having similar issue, My BIOS is corrupted and my screen won't come up because of that. could you please tell me how did you resolve this ?
Also can you flash z580 bios chip with CH341A  ??

Hello. No I didn't succeed to make a correct dump with the clip. I will try to de-solder the chip and solder it again on the CH341A. But I need the appropriate tools so for now, I am waiting.
find
quote
#6
(08-22-2019, 10:57 AM)berturion Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 08:23 AM)Z580 Wrote: I am having similar issue, My BIOS is corrupted and my screen won't come up because of that. could you please tell me how did you resolve this ?
Also can you flash z580 bios chip with CH341A  ??

Hello. No I didn't succeed to make a correct dump with the clip. I will try to de-solder the chip and solder it again on the CH341A. But I need the appropriate tools so for now, I am waiting.

Thanks please keep me posted, if it works I will also do the same thing. Also I came across an adapter for CH341A using which you don't need to desolder and resolder the chip. You can directly connect it on the mother board
find
quote
#7
I tried flashing Lenovo-Z580-BIOS-Mod-V3-1-FINAL using ch341a but my system stopped working after that. I used the backup to restore.
I am attaching the dump file extracted file using SPI programmer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3zVuj_...sp=sharing

this was with W25Q64FVSSIG
find
quote
#8
(09-15-2019, 05:23 PM)Z580 Wrote: I tried flashing Lenovo-Z580-BIOS-Mod-V3-1-FINAL using ch341a but my system stopped working after that. I used the backup to restore.
I am attaching the dump file extracted file using SPI programmer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3zVuj_...sp=sharing

this was with  W25Q64FVSSIG

I think I remember that @Dudu2002 told me that it would fail to process this way. Is your system working again now ?

I sent a dump of my BIOS to him by e-mail this week-end but he didn't respond yet. I had to desolder the chip and solder it on the CH341A. I am waiting his response to resolder it on my motherboard...
find
quote
#9
(09-17-2019, 11:56 PM)berturion Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 05:23 PM)Z580 Wrote: I tried flashing Lenovo-Z580-BIOS-Mod-V3-1-FINAL using ch341a but my system stopped working after that. I used the backup to restore.
I am attaching the dump file extracted file using SPI programmer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3zVuj_...sp=sharing

this was with  W25Q64FVSSIG

I think I remember that @Dudu2002 told me that it would fail to process this way. Is your system working again now ?

I sent a dump of my BIOS to him by e-mail this week-end but he didn't respond yet. I had to desolder the chip and solder it on the CH341A. I am waiting his response to resolder it on my motherboard...

I was finally able to fix it. I had to download the bin file from the internet and it just worked fine. Also I used the adapter so that I don't have to desolder and resolder it. However my touchpad has stopped working not really sure if it could be because of the BIOS. External mouse works fine.
find
quote
#10
(10-19-2019, 08:16 AM)Z580 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:56 PM)berturion Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 05:23 PM)Z580 Wrote: I tried flashing Lenovo-Z580-BIOS-Mod-V3-1-FINAL using ch341a but my system stopped working after that. I used the backup to restore.
I am attaching the dump file extracted file using SPI programmer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3zVuj_...sp=sharing

this was with  W25Q64FVSSIG

I think I remember that @Dudu2002 told me that it would fail to process this way. Is your system working again now ?

I sent a dump of my BIOS to him by e-mail this week-end but he didn't respond yet. I had to desolder the chip and solder it on the CH341A. I am waiting his response to resolder it on my motherboard...

I was finally able to fix it. I had to download the bin file from the internet and it just worked fine. Also I used the adapter so that I don't have to desolder and resolder it. However my touchpad has stopped working not really sure if it could be because of the BIOS. External mouse works fine.

@Dudu2002 gave me the corrected BIOS I gave to him. It works like a charm. I have another motherboard that I also bricked and that @Dudu2002 repaired also but I didn't have the time to test it. I will report back then.
I gave him a little money for his help because he saved 2 motherboards of mine.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)