Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6511
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308146
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61524
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19931
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168376
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5960
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 510
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5463
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60706
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274655
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 636
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24608
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693436
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173960
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 914
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59513
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43053

Dell Dimension 5150/E510
#11
Here is the bios backup from Universal bios backup software

Maybe that will work?

I read a couple posts on the net that the SL9QQ CPU works great in the dell dimension 5150 and it does but I get the boot error which is annoying.


Attached Files
.rom   DellInc.-A07.rom (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#12
refer to cpu world
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL9QQ.html
We can know that,your cpu is pd 945 and its cpuid is 0F65h.

I have check 5150's a07 bios from dell website,and i found a thing that, there is 0F65h micro code inside of the version a07 bios.
It already include 0F65h micro code, and it didn't need to replace cpu code.

As i have compared this bios with dell gx620's version a11 bios ,it contain the same micro code(mean 0F65h) as dell 5150,dell gx620 can be support pd 945,so dell 5150 also ought to support this cpu i think.

Maybe your dell 5150 has another reason to cause existent issue.

find
quote
#13
Hi,

Yes I understand it should work fine but I do see the bios boot warning that the cpu is incompatible. I just want help turning off that error on bootup

There is another person that has this CPU that posted the same problem

look here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/318077...10-upgrade

JustaJOHN reports the same issue

The 5150 and E510 almost the same motherboard which use the same BIOS

justajohn February 23, 2013 6:26:12 AM
Hey all. I am very new to this type of thing. I am not a big forum freak, but I have found this website and particularly this thread to be an invaluable resource, so I signed up. I have an e510 and though I'm not overly thrilled with the performance I don't have an unlimited budget... so it's what I've got... for right now. And it works.
I have searched and searched the last 2 months on anything I could about squeezing the most I can from this old box for a few bucks and this is where I've gotten my best answers thus far. I had the oem Pentium 4 630 3.0 ghz and I did manage to get a $10 shipping included Pentium D 945 SL9QQ and installed it with satisfactory results. It does do the 'incompatible cpu f1 f2' boot prompt at restart but works flawlessly otherwise.
find
quote
#14
Question 
so no one knows how to get rid of the bios error message on bootup?
find
quote
#15
I still have this dell 5150 with a7 bios

it still shows incompatible processor during boot, have to use f1 to continue,


does any one have any info on how to disable the warning message?
find
quote
#16
(01-06-2015, 11:03 AM)talkbios Wrote: so no one knows how to get rid of the bios error message on bootup?

What happens is that this part of the bios-mods forums is for cutomizing the looks of the BIOS splash screen. The error message you see on startup is not part of the BIOS splash logo. Is likelly thrown by a type of BIOS whitelist DRM system. Since it applies to the CPU you ought to ask in the CPU support area and before asking go to the comfirmed CPU mods area to see if someone else posted a modded Dell 5150 BIOS adding your CPU to the whitelist DRM thing or removing the CPU BIOS DRM entirelly.
find
quote
#17
The motherboard version you may have will not support it probably i have one with a pentium d 945 i think it is revision one check to see
find
quote
#18
Hi there, I'm new here and I have to say it's a wonderful community! Right, I have a Dell Dimension 5150 with an 82945G Express Chipset Family which supports the Core 2 Duo chips. However Dell seem to have locked down the BIOS to only support Pentium 4 chips in my experience. I have the latest (A7) BIOS revision, I've tried various Pentium D and Core 2 Duo Chips and only the Pentium 4 works. Now I'd like to ask if it is possible to have microcodes injected into the BIOS to support my Core 2 Duo E6750? Also, if it's possible some LGA 771 Xeon microcodes. Cheers! Big Grin
find
quote
#19
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with Core 2 Duo and Pentium D. What models of these CPUs do you have?
find
quote
#20
When I try and boot the Core 2 Duo (E6750) or the Pentium D (E2140) the system powers on with lights and fan spin. However, the power button does not emit the usual green colour, it stays orange and does nothing more. I have attached the screenshots, if I've done it incorrectly I'll upload them somewhere else. Thanks for the help mate!! BTW I don't currently own a Xeon, but that may be a future project. My priority now is Core 2 Duo E6570.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)