Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 123
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 184
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222529
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118966
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6676
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309096
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61813
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 505
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20140
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168914
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6187
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 707
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5664
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60990
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274845
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 820
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24767

[REQUEST] Lenovo T495 BIOS unlock
#1
I have recently purchased a Lenovo T495. It came with a Fibocom WWAN card. This card works in Windows but not in Linux because the Fibocom driver in Linux doesnt know how to switch the chip from PCIe mode to USB mode. Fibocom states that the user should disable PCIe in the BIOS to make it work but Lenovo does not have that option in the stock BIOS and Lenovo support tried to "fix" the issue by telling me to send it in for repair.

I would like to have the BIOS unlocked to show all the features/options. Hopefully it includes the ability to change the mode of the WWAN card. It would also be nice to be able to install other WWAN cards that do work OOTB. Apparently Lenovo didnt add the USB mode of the Fibocom WWAN to the whitelist either so I would assume the whitelist needs to be fixed too.

My laptop model is: 20NJCTO1WW

My current BIOS version is: R12ET35W1.05

The WWAN chip is the Fibocom L850-GL

I have attached the newest BIOS which based on the readme fixes basically nothing except something to do with the LIPC.

I have also noticed that for some reason in both Windows and Linux, my Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD caps out at 800MB/s Read/Write even though the laptop supports NVMe.


.zip   r12uj41w.zip (Size: 9.46 MB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
#2
Hey KRDucky did you get any progress on this?
I also bought an T495 with the L850-GL installed and was actually quite pissed when I found out that there's no Linux support for this modem. Also, the L850-GL is the only Modem listed as compatible, in comparison to e.g. the T490, where you could switch to an (USB-Mode only) L830-EB.
The workaround working for other people (on-the fly switching of the L850-GL into USB mode, https://github.com/abrasive/xmm7360/) did not work for me either (USB device doesn't appear). I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any hint how to get WWAN working on my Laptop..
find
quote
#3
(12-15-2019, 05:36 AM)the_tiger Wrote: Hey KRDucky did you get any progress on this?
I also bought an T495 with the L850-GL installed and was actually quite pissed when I found out that there's no Linux support for this modem. Also, the L850-GL is the only Modem listed as compatible, in comparison to e.g. the T490, where you could switch to an (USB-Mode only) L830-EB.
The workaround working for other people (on-the fly switching of the L850-GL into USB mode,  https://github.com/abrasive/xmm7360/) did not work for me either (USB device doesn't appear). I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any hint how to get WWAN working on my Laptop..

Based on the difficulty and high change of failure, I gave up on this endeavor and reinstalled Winblows. I plan to get rid of this expensive paperweight and buy a System76 laptop soon. I should have either bought a T480 or a System76 machine. Dont trust Lenovo to make good AMD machines.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)