Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6525
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308247
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61545
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19945
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168433
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5973
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5474
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60728
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274672
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693688
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174005
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43064

[GUIDE] How to modify AMI MSI BIOS to unlock full features (UEFI Aptio4)
#31
(08-19-2019, 05:52 AM)celloh123 Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 12:20 PM)pro.phantom Wrote: Donate Bitcoin: 1H7AP8Zm69WXbqLWm6kK6rvSyCQsjiGTKi
and then the screen went black after a load. and now...*sigh* my laptop won't turn on, leds won't turn on as well.

1. don't quote big posts

2. you bricked your laptop, good job. Now buy an SPI flash tool
find
quote
#32
(08-19-2019, 05:57 AM)HorseRider Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 05:52 AM)celloh123 Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 12:20 PM)pro.phantom Wrote: Donate Bitcoin: 1H7AP8Zm69WXbqLWm6kK6rvSyCQsjiGTKi
and then the screen went black after a load. and now...*sigh* my laptop won't turn on, leds won't turn on as well.

1. don't quote big posts

2. you bricked your laptop, good job. Now buy an SPI flash tool
1- I don't know what a SPI flash tool is or how to use it.
2- I don't think it's my fault since I believe I did everything correctly
find
quote
#33
I updated my bios on my Asus N56JR recently because it was having trouble waking up from sleep.
I was shocked to find that this 7 year old laptop had a new bios update available dated 2019/06/25 because the last update was from 2013/11/14.

It solved my waking from sleep problem but I have just noticed it has also removed any option at all for legacy / CSM booting.

As such I cannot boot from any usb or cd that is not UEFI. (like freedos)
I am so pissed at Asus. This is a 7 year old laptop, why the [censored] would they remove CSM.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone clever on here has a way around this so that I can flash the modded bios I have made ?

Any help would be much appreciated, The latest bios for it from 2019/06/25 is here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N5...RAS206.zip.

I am pretty sure the bios before this let me boot non UEFI.

That bios is here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N5...RAS204.zip

Obviously though the genius asus people have made it so you cannot downgrade your bios using EZflash.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
find
quote
#34
I have just emailed Asus aswell saying ;

I recently updated the bios in my N56JR and can no longer boot from USB or CD unless they are UEFI compatible images.
My N56JR has a 4th gen Haswell CPU in it (4700HQ) and has always been able to boot from legacy USB and CD until the latest bios update (BIOS-206). dated 2019/06/25.
I use this function a lot to boot live linux operating systems and some other dos based tools.
Why was this option removed when my system is old and using a 4th gen Haswell CPU ?
What can I do to get this functionality back ?
I tried downgrading the bios back to what I had before (BIOS-204) using EZflash but it will not let me.
Can you please provide me with a BIOS that has CSM / Legacy boot enabled that I can flash using EZflash or another method.
I am knowledgable enough to do it another way if you provide me instructions.
Please please help me restore this critical function to my laptop.
find
quote
#35
I took a risk and used AFUWINGUI to flash the bios from windows, and all went ok..... "phew" Confused

(disconnected from internet and closed / disabled every program I could find first)

I now have the latest bios with ALL options unlocked, and can also boot to FreeDOS.

Thanks to the OP for the guide and tools !

Big Grin
find
quote
#36
after modify my bios then save AMIBCP crash and save nothing

my motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
find
quote
#37
(10-08-2019, 07:41 PM)Nawafwabs Wrote: after modify my bios then save AMIBCP crash and save nothing

my motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

use new version from AMI website 4.5.3
find
quote
#38
(10-08-2019, 07:43 PM)HorseRider Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:41 PM)Nawafwabs Wrote: after modify my bios then save AMIBCP crash and save nothing

my motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

use new version from AMI website 4.5.3
i cant download it , no download link for AMIBCP 5.11
find
quote
#39
(10-10-2019, 05:07 AM)Nawafwabs Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:43 PM)HorseRider Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:41 PM)Nawafwabs Wrote: after modify my bios then save AMIBCP crash and save nothing

my motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

use new version from AMI website 4.5.3
i cant download it , no download link for AMIBCP 5.11

i will post link soon, check back in 24 hours
find
quote
#40
(10-10-2019, 05:21 AM)HorseRider Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:07 AM)Nawafwabs Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:43 PM)HorseRider Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:41 PM)Nawafwabs Wrote: after modify my bios then save AMIBCP crash and save nothing

my motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

use new version from AMI website 4.5.3
i cant download it , no download link for AMIBCP 5.11

i will post link soon, check back in 24 hours

Im waiting
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)