Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6520
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308225
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61541
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19940
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168419
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5969
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5470
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60720
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274665
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 645
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693619
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173993
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 922
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43059

[Request] Help needed creating MSI PS42-8M unlocked bios
#1
Hello everyone, since a day now I'm trying to create an unlocked bios of the MSI PS42-8M, a VERY similar model to the MSI PS42-8RB (the 8RB variant has a graphics card)

I've also looked through a thread of someone who seems to have achieved this on the MSI PS42-8RB: (Thread with the MSI PS42-8RB)

The steps I did so far:
- I've downloaded the latest version of the bios from the MSi website. (My computer is already on the latest BIOS)

-Using AMIBCP 5.02.0023 (compatible Aptio V) I have switched some things to be accessible by the user.

-Saved the modified BIOS image

Knowing that my computer have a "Bios Lock", I followed this guide on how to disable it (The very helpful guide)
And I guess it was succeful since on the second boot on grub the offset 0x929 the var was set to 0x0.

-Using Intel CSME System Tools v11 r27, I tried to dump the installed bios with the command "FPTW64.exe -D dump.bin".
I've ended up with this error: 

"Error 318: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.
FPT Operation Failed."

Why did I try to dump the bios ? Simply because I wanted to compare the dumped version and the original version (out of curiosity and the fear to brick my device).

However this error scares me a bit. Does this mean I shouldn't try to flash the modded bios I've made ?  Huh
And if I flash my modded bios, should I rather use FPTW64 or through the bios itself ?

I have attached the original bios file, just in case someone wants it.

Any helpful answer would be greatly appreciated.
find
quote
#2
Try command line "FPTW64.exe -bios -d dump.bin" to backup bios ,because MEI region is locked ,so it only can dump bios region that not contain MEI insider.

When you re-flash modded bios have to need set bios lock = false ,or you will meet error message in fpt.

find
quote
#3
(10-21-2019, 09:13 PM)genius239 Wrote: Try command line "FPTW64.exe -bios -d dump.bin" to backup bios ,because MEI region is locked ,so it only can dump bios region that not contain MEI insider.

When you re-flash modded bios have to need set bios lock = false ,or you will meet error message in fpt.
Thanks for the instructions ! I'll make sure to post the unlocked bios if it doesn't brick my computer.  Angel
find
quote
#4
Okay so I succesfully unlocked my bios, however I've been unable to overclock my intel hd graphics (referenced as GT in the bios).
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)