Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 113
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 175
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222411
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118935
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6671
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309054
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61807
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 498
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20135
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168889
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6178
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 700
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5657
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60977
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274837
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 812
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24763

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-473G .fd to rom or bin
#1
I'm kinda new to bios flashing and I just follow instructions to avoid spending someone else's time and pretty much try to learn things my self. But this time I'm kinda stuck after failing to recover the bios.

basically when attempting to recover the bios by prepared usb and hitting fn+esc the laptop just turned on and led is steady full fan speed which makes me think that. I did something wrong. But to make sure I left the laptop for a good 5 minutes before turning it off. When trying to attempt a 2nd try the laptop turns on fan spins for 1 second then laptop turns off so I may have screwed the bios. The only option now is to use a eeprom programmer to rewrite the bios to the chip. Thing is I don't think the .fd file is what I need to flash the chip. The laptop wasn't able to boot or load to bios reason I tried to recover the bios so no way for me to get a dump.

Anyone can enlighten me on how to process .fd files into the actual rom or bin file that I can use to flash to a chip?

this is the .fd file.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6a36psaa5...64.fd/file
I'm still reading through some post for possible answer.
Thanks.
find
quote
#2
Hi~~Try this one.
http://www.4file.net/4v3znceq2c74/A4WABX64.fd.html

If it still can't let your laptop boot , i think that you need the dump bios from other people .

find
quote
#3
(10-23-2019, 09:54 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~~Try this one.
http://www.4file.net/4v3znceq2c74/A4WABX64.fd.html

If it still can't let your laptop boot , i think that you need the dump bios from other people .

Thanks, I'll try this out. I also found a bin file that someone else requested on another forum. I will try both. Although someone already said that this laptop has this common issue where replacing the CPU is the only fix. If the bios doesn't work then maybe it is the CPU.

will update ya when I finish.
find
quote
#4
I dope during the process. I was wondering why my CH341A was getting too hot. I put the chip backwards.
Both programmer and chip survived. Tongue

I totally wasted a heck lot of time after finding out what the real problem is. It was a bad memory. I skipped testing another memory ON the acer and instead tested the acer's memory on my other laptop which my laptop detects the memory with my other working memory which doesn't actually work without the my other laptop's working memory.

:S wasted a whole heap of time on that. I have to figure out the bios problem. Bios didn't work. I'll look for another W25Q64 chip to try.


But I was able to get a dump of the original bios somewhere.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a02sktd0yn...p.rar/file
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)