Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424446
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224499
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309717
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169309
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6346
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Flash Alienware 17R5 / Aptio V
#1
Just got my hands on a new Alienware 17 R5 and would like to make a few small tweaks to the BIOS. Successfully dumped, modded and ready to flash but getting the dreaded security error 18 in afuwin gui and CLI.

Short of a hardware programmer has a way around this version of security been found? I’ve read about afuwin SE with /GAN but it seems like thats for Aptio IV?

Anything I’m missing?

Much appreciated!
find
quote
#2
What your afuwin version???
Maybe you can try afudos 5.xx version with /gan parameter.

find
quote
#3
Hi Saw your post.
I have a 17 R5 with the i9 core and would like to upgrade the ram to 64gb.
Unfortunately there is some kind of block int he BIOS (hardware can support it)
Doy you know how to remove this?
find
quote
#4
(07-29-2019, 02:52 AM)DrCletus Wrote: Hi Saw your post.
I have a 17 R5 with the i9 core and would like to upgrade the ram to 64gb.
Unfortunately there is some kind of block int he BIOS (hardware can support it)
Doy you know how to remove this?

I've confirmed that the Dell Alienware 17 R5 *hardware* *does* support 32GiB of 2666MHz DDR4 per channel, for a maximum of 64GiB of memory. This may only apply to the Alienware 17 R5 with the Intel Core i9-8950HK CPU though.

See the following threads :
Specifically, I've tested a 2-channel kit of 2x 32GiB Samsung M471A4G43MB1-CTD DDR4 SO-DIMMs which PassMark's Memtest86 *was* able to verify that the memory worked with no errors and the 64GiB of RAM showed up in the BIOS setup ( I haven't tried the new M471A4G43AB1-CWE as I think it's not available yet) :

[Image: IMG_0389-scaled_zpsq27erlw6_640x480_zpssvhn3w6w.jpg]

If one trys to boot into Windows 10, then you'll wait forever with a spinning progress indicator, after which, you'll get some type of "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" bluescreen.

I was wondering if it's possible to remove Dell's software lockout of 64GiB of RAM.

I know of some companies that claim to offer working 64GiB kits, like this one, but, I don't see how their memory is compatible.

jdb2
find
quote
#5
(10-28-2019, 05:04 PM)jdb2 Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 02:52 AM)DrCletus Wrote: Hi Saw your post.
I have a 17 R5 with the i9 core and would like to upgrade the ram to 64gb.
Unfortunately there is some kind of block int he BIOS (hardware can support it)
Doy you know how to remove this?

I've confirmed that the Dell Alienware 17 R5 *hardware* *does* support 32GiB of 2666MHz DDR4 per channel, for a maximum of 64GiB of memory. This may only apply to the Alienware 17 R5 with the Intel Core i9-8950HK CPU though.

See the following threads :
Specifically, I've tested a 2-channel kit of 2x 32GiB Samsung M471A4G43MB1-CTD DDR4 SO-DIMMs which PassMark's Memtest86 *was* able to verify that the memory worked with no errors and the 64GiB of RAM showed up in the BIOS setup ( I haven't tried the new M471A4G43AB1-CWE as I think it's not available yet) :

[Image: IMG_0389-scaled_zpsq27erlw6_640x480_zpssvhn3w6w.jpg]

If one trys to boot into Windows 10, then you'll wait forever with a spinning progress indicator, after which, you'll get some type of "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" bluescreen.

I was wondering if it's possible to remove Dell's software lockout of 64GiB of RAM.

I know of some companies that claim to offer working 64GiB kits, like this one, but, I don't see how their memory is compatible.

jdb2

did you guys had any luck with the new samsung 64 GB (2x32GB) DDR4 RAM?
find
quote
#6
(12-24-2019, 05:35 PM)nilegate Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:04 PM)jdb2 Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 02:52 AM)DrCletus Wrote: Hi Saw your post.
I have a 17 R5 with the i9 core and would like to upgrade the ram to 64gb.
Unfortunately there is some kind of block int he BIOS (hardware can support it)
Doy you know how to remove this?

I've confirmed that the Dell Alienware 17 R5 *hardware* *does* support 32GiB of 2666MHz DDR4 per channel, for a maximum of 64GiB of memory. This may only apply to the Alienware 17 R5 with the Intel Core i9-8950HK CPU though.

See the following threads :
Specifically, I've tested a 2-channel kit of 2x 32GiB Samsung M471A4G43MB1-CTD DDR4 SO-DIMMs which PassMark's Memtest86 *was* able to verify that the memory worked with no errors and the 64GiB of RAM showed up in the BIOS setup ( I haven't tried the new M471A4G43AB1-CWE as I think it's not available yet) :

[Image: IMG_0389-scaled_zpsq27erlw6_640x480_zpssvhn3w6w.jpg]

If one trys to boot into Windows 10, then you'll wait forever with a spinning progress indicator, after which, you'll get some type of "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" bluescreen.

I was wondering if it's possible to remove Dell's software lockout of 64GiB of RAM.

I know of some companies that claim to offer working 64GiB kits, like this one, but, I don't see how their memory is compatible.

jdb2

did you guys had any luck with the new samsung 64 GB (2x32GB) DDR4 RAM?

That's the RAM I tested, unfortunately :/ I haven't heard of anyone testing the Compuram.biz or ADATA SO-DIMMs yet though...

jdb2
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)