Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 69
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 127
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221963
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118889
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6637
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308916
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61711
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20092
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168780
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6124
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 658
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5617
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60912
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274796
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24731

Bricked A5 X1 laptop (please help)
#1
Ok let me start by saying I have the gigabyte a5 x1 laptop. This laptop is made by Clevo

Clevo uses the H20 Insyde bios

Interestingly enough this laptop is a rebrand of the xmg apex 15 model laptop. This laptop had public available bios which is confimed to be compatible with my laptop

The issue I have today and I beg of you to help me with I was messing with the insyde bios GUI tool for windows that allowed me to unlock advance settings for my laptop. It worked and it worked well. I had full access to everything I could have wanted for this thing. I changed settings. Nothing amiss. Well.....I guess I went too far and changed something. Laptop restarted only this time the screen wouldn't come back on.... bricked.....


Things I have tried

1.reset cmos.
2.undo ram and reset cmos.
3.tried only ac power with no cmos..


My assumption is I must reflash my bios.

The issuse now remains on the method to do so

Is the usb method still available and working for laptops like this? I know there is a dump online for this very same laptop in .FD format. There is also the above mentioned model latop called the apex 15 that is essentially the same bios for this laptop however it isn't a format I can flash yet. I assume I must extract the bios from it? Can someone please provide me some help and guidance? I will be willing to offer compensation for your time.

I'm well aware I might have to buy a programmer but ...I sure hope I don't gotta do that if the usb flash is definitely possible to work.



The good news is there is bios files that work for this. People have flashed the apex 15 bios on to this model laptop and it works flawlessly ( cuz same hardware lol)

https://download.schenker-tech.de/packag...-xap17m21/

Bios and EC bottom of page.



Key pointers I need to mention....gigabyte will not provide the stock bios AT ALLLLLLL and I'm going to assume clevo is gonna charge 600 just to fix the bios bricl.

Like I said I'd Appreciate your help....thank you
find
quote
#2
I just did the same to my laptop today. The programmer works without issue, and the bios I use was a dump from this forum
https://www.win-raid.com/t9768f54-Reques...-BIOS.html

I still have not found how to make the laptop work with a SATA drive but at least i was able to bring back from the death after messing in the bios
find
quote
#3
What did you name the bios before flashing it? Also where was the bios chip located on these laptops?

Please respond when you can. Can you help me?
find
quote
#4
This is the bios chip

[Image: V7h5a3w.png]

The programmer I use was a CH341A, a generic one; in a Windows 7 Laptop.

The file I use was https://drive.google.com/file/d/15bxoxqd...sp=sharing

I did not had to rename the file, the programmer software detected as binary and flash it without issues

There's no need to dismount the cooling, the chip connector fits there with no issues, also make sure that your bios chip is detected correctly and before flashing anything try to do a backup of the current image, even if the backups is empty like in my case; just to be sure your connection is good.

I have no issue after flashing the bios, I unlock the advanced features again, today I stalled 64GB RAM and no problem for the moment, also I have enabled resized BAR and did a frequency uncore

At the moment this is my latest 3dMark score, no overclocking; just the modifications listed before.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27221160
find
quote
#5
Hi, I have a problem with the A5 X1 which I brick the unit. Would you kindly let me know what is the name of the software that you are using and the chip model number? because my chip cannot read the las 3 letters. This would be a very great help!!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)