Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424133
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223757
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119096
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309504
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61107
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Success] [Bios Mod] Dell XPS L321X EFI boot enabled + Advanced menu
#11
I solved it! Thank you very much! Can this thread be moved under Unlocked Phoenix Bios: Dell?
find
quote
#12
Did you also manage to enable EFI boot?
find
quote
#13
Yes. It was in one of the disabled menus...
find
quote
#14
Hello all and thanks for this super intresting thread.

I'm new to bios mods and want to enable UEFI on my L321X. Will the following work if I understand correctly?

- Get L321x-Modded.cap from this post

- Flash it using the "replace .cap in the temp folder" method.

Is anything else needed?

Btw dell provides an .exe file that can be run from a live DOS usb (for guys like myself not running windows). Maybe there is a way to modify the .exe?
find
quote
#15
(01-30-2023, 02:24 AM)chatziko Wrote: Btw dell provides an .exe file that can be run from a live DOS usb (for guys like myself not running windows).
Hello.
Live CD no go as well?
(01-30-2023, 02:24 AM)chatziko Wrote: Maybe there is a way to modify the .exe?
I don't know, I haven't tried.
Considering that for replacing the .cap file stored in the executable we have the PhoenixTool that can hypothetically do this, beside this you'll need to disable the SHA-1 check at least.
find
quote
#16
(01-24-2023, 09:29 PM)SlayerProof32 Wrote: Yes. It was in one of the disabled menus...

I have a Dell XPS L321X too.  However, I got "ERROR 105 - Command line error" when I tried the method to flash your copy of the modd bios.  Any idea how to resolve this?
find
quote
#17
You guys are just great. I have tried in vain to install Linux Mint on my l321x without success. Then I came across this forum by chance.

My approach:
Download and open the latest BIOS update:
(A08, A08 release date: 04 Feb. 2013) L321XA08.exe
Link -> https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/...erid=2rpm5

Then navigate to the %temp% folder and replace the .cap file with the L321xModded.cap. Make sure that the modified file has the same name (rename it to Spyder.cap) and run the update.

After the BIOS update, simply install Linux Mint from a USB stick and you're done!

Thanks again for your help. Everything is working great now!
Cheers - Benjamin
find
quote
#18
here is full w clean ME for spi chip programmer


Attached Files
.bin   L321X-W25Q32-Mod.bin (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#19
(09-26-2024, 06:07 AM)Benson123 Wrote: You guys are just great. I have tried in vain to install Linux Mint on my l321x without success. Then I came across this forum by chance.

My approach:
Download and open the latest BIOS update:
(A08, A08 release date: 04 Feb. 2013) L321XA08.exe
Link -> https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/...erid=2rpm5

Then navigate to the %temp% folder and replace the .cap file with the L321xModded.cap. Make sure that the modified file has the same name (rename it to Spyder.cap) and run the update.

After the BIOS update, simply install Linux Mint from a USB stick and you're done!

Thanks again for your help. Everything is working great now!
Cheers - Benjamin

Worked, Thanks!
find
quote
#20
(09-26-2024, 06:07 AM)Benson123 Wrote: You guys are just great. I have tried in vain to install Linux Mint on my l321x without success. Then I came across this forum by chance.

My approach:
Download and open the latest BIOS update:
(A08, A08 release date: 04 Feb. 2013) L321XA08.exe
Link -> https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/...erid=2rpm5

Then navigate to the %temp% folder and replace the .cap file with the L321xModded.cap. Make sure that the modified file has the same name (rename it to Spyder.cap) and run the update.

After the BIOS update, simply install Linux Mint from a USB stick and you're done!

Thanks again for your help. Everything is working great now!
Cheers - Benjamin

EDIT: it worked !!! See workarround below
I cannot get this to work  Sad
I have to admit, while I can code/script and have quite a lot experience wyth system administration, I don't have any experience at all with BIOS modding.

I did exact this. My BIOS is already on A08, launched the  L321XA08.exe, while it was open with a warning that I would try to reflash the same BIOS version, replace the SPYDER.cap with the   L321xModded.cap from the first post, renamed it, and went ahead with the flashing.
Computer reboots, show a very short BIOS update message (1 screen, too fast to read) and almost immediately reboots again.
Cannot get FydeOS to boot for installation. ChromeOS or Windows or some Linux distros work great.
Any other way to flash the new BIOS ?

Thanks in advance  Shy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical: when you decide to write out a post to beg for help, you find the solution anyway.

I was not succesfull in flashing from a win7 live USB. I even installed Win7 to test it that way. No go.

What i did now to make this work, is create a FreeDos Bootable USB, copied  the A08 firmware installer and L321x-Modded.cap (also copied to BIOS.cap ans SPYDER.cap) to the root of the USB.

Booted the FreeDOS USB, launched the A08 installer, and when it warns that are flashing the smae version, press Ctrl +C to quit.

Then, there is a subfolder called EXTTMP. Delete the SPYDER.cap, and copy the spyder.cap from the root of the USB to the EXTTMP folder.

Then, inside the EXTTMP folder, simply run dosflash.

After succesfull flash (takes about 15 seconds), the pc reboots. Press F2 to enable UEFI boot
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)