Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221724
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118843
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 125
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6613
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 221
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308826
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61669
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20055
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168719
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6096
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5591
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60875
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274768
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 744
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24713
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694603

Dell Dimension E520
#1
Hey guys, was referred here from another forum. I'm hoping that you'll be able to help my unlock my BIOS so I can actually start doing some overclocking. Smile

Here's a backup of my BIOS:
http://rapidshare.com/files/414322150/De...-2.4.0.rom

And a SS of CPU-Z:
[Image: cpuzk.png]

Please and thank you. Smile
find
quote
#2
Sorry but we cannot unlock dell bioses because they are in a special format which none of our tools are able to open Sad

Sorry
Admin
find
quote
#3
Awww..ah, well. Thanks. Smile
find
quote
#4
(08-22-2010, 09:34 AM)zodac Wrote: Awww..ah, well. Thanks. Smile

Aww Sad

Hit it with a hammer like you always tell me! Lol
find
quote
#5
Anyone heard any research news on the Dell stuff. I've been doing a lot of Insyde BIOS research lately which shows promising results for unlocking options, but haven't looked at Dell in a long time.
www find
quote
#6
(08-22-2010, 02:28 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Anyone heard any research news on the Dell stuff. I've been doing a lot of Insyde BIOS research lately which shows promising results for unlocking options, but haven't looked at Dell in a long time.

The Dell E520 is fairly upgradeable as is ,quad core support (E6700) 8GB ram,PCI-E. but its a BTX form factor so if you want more you can't buy a better motherboard for it. A lot of people would be very grateful if these could be unlocked.
motherboard OWG864
pll- SLG505YC56DT
I saw some successful work with Clockgen editing on Dell Dimension 9200. I'll see if I can find the link to post here.

starless.nl/overclock
find
quote
#7
I too was going to post this same question made by original poster and my pll is not the same one listed by william p

Mobo - Dell 0WG864
PLL - SLG84516T
Chipset- Intel G965

Trying to overclock core 2 duo 6400 @2.13
My fsb is 266 multiplier is 8.
I've tried clockgen and tried what was said by starless.nl/overclock
I even tried setfsb and cpufsb and cpucool and speedfan. I tried changing control registers in setfsb and clockgen nothong worked. I've also looked at the pll data sheet and tried changing some pll control registers according to it using clockgen and setfsb but I couldn't find anything to do with the fsb.

So is it possible for anyone to please release a unlocked bios mod I've seen a post on this forum where someone released a slic 2.1 mod for the bios but I think that's just a mod for alternate os usage.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...l-2-1-SLIC

All I want is a mod to change the fsb or something that will enable me to oc the processor. My cpu temp is 21 degrees celcius idle and reaches 28 degress celcius while playing high end games. And I've heard the chipset and processor are both pretty good for oc.

I've tried replacing RAM with DDR2 PC2-5300 (333 Mhz) RAM but it seems to be running at 266 Mhz according to cpuz and memset. Probably because of the fsb being 266 Mhz.

So please someone unlock this bios for us dell e520 users.
find
quote
#8
(08-22-2010, 02:28 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Anyone heard any research news on the Dell stuff. I've been doing a lot of Insyde BIOS research lately which shows promising results for unlocking options, but haven't looked at Dell in a long time.

Throttlestop software somehow makes and saves (sometimes) changes to voltage, and multiplier (with C2X LGA775 CPUs). It work from within windows. So these settings aren't completely out of reach.
http://valid.x86.fr/bg4n0r
find
quote
#9
(02-11-2016, 01:44 PM)William P Wrote:
(08-22-2010, 02:28 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Anyone heard any research news on the Dell stuff. I've been doing a lot of Insyde BIOS research lately which shows promising results for unlocking options, but haven't looked at Dell in a long time.

Throttlestop software somehow makes and saves (sometimes) changes to voltage, and multiplier (with C2X LGA775 CPUs). It work from within windows. So these settings aren't completely out of reach.
http://valid.x86.fr/bg4n0r

There's a newer beta Throttlestop 8.00 beta 6 that works on unlocked Haswell, and Skylake CPUs.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)