Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221962
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118889
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 159
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6637
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308916
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61711
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20092
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168780
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6124
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5617
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60912
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274796
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 771
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24731

General Phoenix Question(s).. New to group
#1
Hi..
I wasn't sure which category this fell in but since it involves a Phoenix bios.. this group seemed as good as any.

I've been reading all I can but am confused about the approaches necessary to mod my bios. My bios is Phoenix 4.0.5 but is NOT supported using the typical mod tools that I have been finding. Would someone please explain which tools would be valid(if any) for my vintage bios?

I am attempting to modify a Phoenix bios (~1996) that was written for a Tektronix custom controller board that supported the VXI bus. The board was actually designed by Radisys. This version of bios contains a PLATFORM.bin and I have been successful upgrading using the PHLASH utility. I also understand how to use the Boot Block function for getting myself out of trouble. At present I've actually not attempted to 'patch/mod' the bios. I understand assy language and kwon how is disassemble the binary for modification. However, if there is a tool available that would make things easier, I would appreciate someone letting me know.


Here is what I would like to change?
Change the flat panel default from 640x480 to 800x600.
Increase the HDD limit from 4G to > 4G.
Increase the MAX DDram from 128M to 512M.


So.. my main questions:
What tools will work with my version bios?
Any tips to achieve my goals?
Is there a specific guide to understanding how Phoenix bios is organized for my vintage version?
Where is the checksum byte located? I saw this in print at one time and now cannot find it now. The first two bytes are 55 AA or AA 55 and somewhere in the first 32 bytes or so is the checksum byte.. at least that is what I remember..

So... I could sure use some expert advise. Your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks - Jim
find
quote
#2
Hi Jim,

I have had very little experience with the vintage Phoenix platform but there are some things you may want to look at to see if you can fix some of the things on your check list. The Phoenix tool from MDL, or even possible Phoenix BIOS Editor 2.2 will help you easily extract the ROM into its binary segments for inspection and reassembly.

For the HDD limit, you may try and see if this BIOS Patcher can patch the HDD limit.
http://www.rom.by/articles/BP/index_english.htm

This tool only works for Phoenix Award, so you should also confirmy ou are working with a Phoenix SecureCore as it seems much more probable to me that you are dealing with a Phoenix Award BIOS.

Thanks,
Chris

www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)