Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6679
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6441
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14076
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424644
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3673
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 367
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225157
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119238
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6834
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 459
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309911
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62031
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 677
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20338
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169494
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6423

LG S1 QP55V Whitelist removal (Phoenix)
#1
Hello guys!
Would be amazing if someone could help me removing the whitelist for my LG S1.

Background: My idea is to install a Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN WLAN 300Mbit from a HP Pavilion DV7-1195eo into my LG S1 QP55V and by that replace the LG default wwan Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG.

Anyhow. I get no error codes when starting the PC after I've replaced the wwan. But in Windows (XP Pro x86) I get error code 10 that the card cannot start.

I've come to the solution that this is most likely caused by a driver issue (not likely since I've tried several), or that the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN WLAN 300Mbit is not compatible with the LG S1 whitelist (more likely I guess).

Specs:
Laptop: LG S1-QP55V
Bios Type: Phoenix
BIOS OEM: RKYWSF28
BIOS ID: NAPA0001.86C.0000.D.0702131449 -None
Chipset: Intel 27A0 rev 3

A BIOS backup is uploaded at: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgokaxwg7qkzaw0

Dont know if that is all info needed?
If someone can give it a try I will be forever grateful! Smile
/best regards
find
quote
#2
If you don't receive an error during POST then there's not whitelist related, sorry Sad

I can check if the bios has white list if you give me PCI ID of the 3945ABG card to check for it. But i guess is no whitelist problem.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Thanks a LOT for the quick answer camiloml!

I had my doubt about this being a whitelist-issue due to the fact that I get no POST-error. Windows recognize the wlan-card and installs it, but it refuses to start (code 10). Might be so simple that I need a fresh installation of the OS to avoid conflicts. Well worth a try at least.

I'm a bit stupid here, how do I find the PCI ID for the 3945ABG-card?
Is this the info you need?
[Image: 3945z.jpg]
find
quote
#4
It seems it has some kind of white list, now the question is ... how are you going to flash it if i mod your bios???
Also try to put electrical isolating tape on pin 20 of your PCIe Wlan card and try again. Refer to Alhaz posts in "Wifi WWAN confirmed removal" section to know what am i talking about.
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...est?page=3

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Hm, I might be all stupid here regarding these kind of things, but if you manage to mod my bios and delete the whitelist...cannot I flash it using the method stated here: http://bios-mods.com/bios-update/

I mean, it is a Phoenix BIOS after all? Or am I missing something, most likely I guess Smile

I will check the link you provided right away.
find
quote
#6
I always suggest to use flashing utility provided with the latest bios update, but in your case theres no official bios updates to borrow the flashing utility from, so maybe the phlas util will work for you as described in the page. I will upload a modded bios so go preparing all necessary things Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
I will prepare the laptop as soon as my girlfriend decides she has something else to do then to use the above mentioned laptop Wink

Just to get all things right.
I "mod" the Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN WLAN 300Mbit by tapping pin 20 as stated in the link you posted.
After that I flash my bios with your modded version using phlas util.

Finally I boot up the PC and install a brand new OS.
Seems like a plan? Smile
find
quote
#8
Test tapping pin 20 and test before flashing or reinstalling OS.

If not working.... Try flashing bios, and if still not working reinstall OS.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
Roger.

Managed to take control of the laptop from my gf, trying to pin 20 in a few minutes.
Nu luck after tapping pin 20. Still (code 10 - unable to start) error code in windows. Situation still the same.

Will try to connect another hdd and install win7 from it to see if the error is caused by bad xp-drivers or conflicts between the original wlan-card and the one I try to install.
find
quote
#10
After a clean installation of win7 the problem persists, still code 10 even in win7.

Will wait until you camiloml have the time to mod my bios so I can try it.
Thanks for the help and the advice so far, highly appretiated Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)