Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1820
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6430
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14061
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424611
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3667
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 337
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225030
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119228
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6827
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 453
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309875
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62016
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 672
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20332
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169475
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6408

Lenovo s10e - 14CN94WW to 14CN97WW (CBROM?)
#1
I'm trying to get rid of the firmware 'Computrace' and I've read that i need to re-flash the BIOS so I'm looking to upgrade from 14CN94WW to 14CN97WW. I've tried editing with CBROM but I'm new to editin the BIOS and need to find out how to access the 14CN94WW BIOS from CBROM.

If anyone can link me to an upgrade or a tutorial for CBROM that'd be great!

Thankyou!

BIOS Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9EDR3ZX

Also, If you can remove anything to do with 'Computrace' and any other security Settings involving DET etc that'd be amazing. Just make it blank. Big Grin
find
quote
#2
first , CBROM is not used for PHOENIX bioses so it will not open the bios file .
other thing , your request is very strange as i haven`t seen anyone trying to remove the computrace as it protects your notebook and other security setting as well ............. can i ask why you want to remove these modules !
thank you


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
The Computrace firmware has limited my access to the BIOS and other basic settings to the computer. I've tried removing everything else that could be doing this but have found that it's the Computrace firmware that's doing it.

Sorry for the incredibly delayed reply. :\
find
quote
#4
what do you mean by limiting your access to the bios ! do you mean that you see the options but can`t modify it ! or you aren`t able to change anything .
i don`t understand the problem to help you ............. i think computrace modules are not responsible for this .
if you think that after deleting the module you will be able to see alot of new options then you are wrong as the options are hidden and need to be unlocked only .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
Oh ok. But whenever I open the bios I get the Computrace pop-up and I know their should be a few more options available but am not 100% sure. Also, I've been reading around and people can use it as a backdoor to get into the laptop/netbook that it's on. I'm sure that everyone will agree with me that once someone can get into your computer, you want to deny them that access point. i.e. Remove Computrace.

If it's not in the BIOS then I don't know what to do, I've re formatted the harddrive but Cannot get rid of the .exe's and .dll's of the Computrace program as it keeps adding them on startup. Any ideas?
find
quote
#6
Ok , i will try removing the computrace modules from your bios and upload it tomorrow .
this will let you remove the files and not see the computrace pop-up .

will upload it tomorrow , just wait Smile


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#7
Thankyou so much! Smile I guess I'll have to keep this to myself as others may use it for another purpose. (Also read heaps on that, that's why most people won't remove it. :S)
find
quote
#8
Try this modified bios with modified computrace modules .
i guess the modules shouldn`t work now .
test it and reply .


Attached Files
.rar   14CN94WW.rar (Size: 613.14 KB / Downloads: 37)


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#9
Urgh, I'm an [censored]. I updated to the newest BIOS and the modules are still there, I don't know why so It might not be the bios and the update also made me not be able to use the old BIOS you modded, Sorry.
find
quote
#10
so , you haven`t tried the modified bios !
or you tried it and the module still work !


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)