Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 109
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222286
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118932
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 188
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6668
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309007
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61789
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 490
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20131
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168866
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6171
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 692
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5650
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60971
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274827
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24760

[sp50942] Whitelist removal request for HP dv7-4381eg
#1
I already bought a Delock WLAN+Bluetooth module as you can find it here: http://delock.de/produkte/gruppen/indust...anguage=EN

I was happy getting it today, but the BIOS just halts the system. Hope you can help removing the whitelist.

* BIOS download page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-89087-1&cc=de&dlc=de&lc=de&os=4063&product=5091164&sw_lang=

* Built-in module: Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n
** PNP-device ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&2ECDC297&0&00E0

* Don't know if this BIOS is RSA protected.

* ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50942.exe

btw: this isn't the latest bios. Just installed this one which is marked as the latest on the HP page, but when rebooting the HP Support Assistant tells me to upgrade again. So would be great if you could find the "really" latest BIOS and mod it. But this one is also working fine. Blush

summary:
* Recover BIOS to original by copying the content of https://rapidshare.com/files/1588032133/...BIOSFIX.7z to the root of a FAT32 formated USB-Stick.
** HINT: Haven't tested it, but I suggest that the new FAT32 Volume _needs_ to be called "HP_Tools" to be used by the BIOS to recover itself.
* Remove the HP_Tools partition to make the Insyde Flasher work the right way. (Not to use the HP_Tools partition to flash the BIOS.) Finally when the flasher reboots let your notebook reboot for the first time.
** Turning of the notebook when seeing the hp-logo could revert the changes or break the BIOS. Recovery to the original and reflashing the whitelist bios will be needed.
find
quote
#2
Surf my shared folders, i think i already have modded it. Wink Read my signature Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
I'm sorry, but I haven't found it there.
I also could be wrong. Could you send me the link if you find it?

Thanks!
find
quote
#4
Shared folder 1, 100% confirmed, Page 2, on the very bottom, in fact the last file of the page 2. Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Just found this one here: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-cl...al-Request

Used the BIOS updater, but now I can't boot into Windows. During boot a message appears that BIOS recovery has failed.

Are there any intructions how to fix that?
find
quote
#6
That message should not prevent you to boot the OS, is just a warning, you need to remove hptools partition for the bios updater to work.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
how can I skip then the message to get my OS started?
find
quote
#8
simply let it boot

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
After this message:
[Image: 20111105004.jpg]
my notebook turns always off and trys to recover again.
No matter if I leave it boot or push the button "Continue Startup".
find
quote
#10
(11-06-2011, 05:20 AM)thopiekar Wrote: After this message:
[Image: 20111105004.jpg]
my notebook turns always off and trys to recover again.
No matter if I leave it boot or push the button "Continue Startup".

Do I have to remove the HP_Tools partition? have attached to my home pc. I could remove it there or how can I install the original bios on the notebook now?

PS: also tried this: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Br...2#pid36792
don't know the content of the PM but used the .bin of the download. no changes.
PSS: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...9#pid30509 , also don't worked for me. While having no *.sig file
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)