Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221527
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118780
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6605
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308777
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61655
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 399
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20043
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168689
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6082
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 598
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5548
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60856
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274744
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 713
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24708
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694465
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174297

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 Intel RAID mod request
#1
Hi, can anyone mod my bios to include the latest Intel Option ROM (10.6 or 11 whichever one you think is best). My motherboard is a GA-P55M-UD4 (not to be confused with the GA-P55A-UD4 which there is already a thread about).

Here is the link to the latest bios for my board:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIO...d4_f11.exe

Thanks a lot for your help.
find
quote
#2
I'm absolutely not a BIOS guy, but to me - that sounds "kinda tricky."

You would (I would think) have to get hold of a compatible Option ROM image first.


I'm running a GA-Z68-* which says:

"Intel® Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM - 10.6.0.1091
Copyright© 2003-11 Intel Corporation. All Rights Reserved."

But I would suspect that these things are based firmly on hardware (ie. the on-chip/on-motherboard kind), and wouldn't be compatible.

If there is a later Intel Option ROM for your board, surely it would be on Gigabyte's site... if not, you could check other companies that made P55 boards and at least see if such a ROM even exists.

Anyway, I'm not a BIOS guy, just found your request ... interesting... Smile
find
quote
#3
The whole purpose of this subforum is for exactly this...

Just check some of the other threads and you will see.

This thread is even almost the same board as mine:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-GA...od-request
find
quote
#4
I went ahead and modded this myself using CBROM. The only thing I changed was updating the Intel Option Rom to 10.6.0.1091. I flashed with QFlash successfully and am now in Windows. My RAID1 array with 2 3tb drives is building as I type this. I attached the bios for anyone who wants it in the future.


Attached Files
.zip   P55MUD4-IMR10.6.0.zip (Size: 816.05 KB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#5
(11-15-2011, 09:38 PM)alexwalter88 Wrote: I went ahead and modded this myself using CBROM. The only thing I changed was updating the Intel Option Rom to 10.6.0.1091. I flashed with QFlash successfully and am now in Windows. My RAID1 array with 2 3tb drives is building as I type this. I attached the bios for anyone who wants it in the future.
Thanks for posting this! I am wondering, though, if you happen to have added the SLIC 2.1 mod to this BIOS at some point? Both your Intel 10.6 update & SLIC 2.1 tables together on the same BIOS would be a really great thing.
Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)