Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101477
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 522
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2872
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7259
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6982
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14336
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425402
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3834
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 524
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 545
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227406
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119533
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 611
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62216

[Request] Acer W500 1.14 BIOS -- unlock/disable Cool N Quiet
#1
Acer Iconia TAB W500
BIOS: Acer 1.14 BIOS
Platform: AMD Fusion Brazos C-60 APU
What to unlock: All CPU features, VDD/VID profiles, frequency limits, multipliers, etc -- anything that could be used to squeeze performance out of the CPU and integrated GPU.
In order of priorities:
1. Cool N' quiet, or all available menu options
2. Unlocked cpu frequency divider and/or multiplier/fsb
3. Anything else graphics/cpu related

I want to be able to overclock this device to the max, play around with CPU/GPU frequencies/voltages, and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Gabe
find
quote
#2
Sorry, it's an InsydeH2O bios.

Specifically and most importantly, I want to disable Cool and Quiet. I need this disabled so I can use the overclocking tools to force cpu to P0 and lock it in.
find
quote
#3
(02-14-2012, 09:52 PM)Gabe Wrote: Acer Iconia TAB W500
BIOS: Acer 1.14 BIOS
Platform: AMD Fusion Brazos C-60 APU
What to unlock: All CPU features, VDD/VID profiles, frequency limits, multipliers, etc -- anything that could be used to squeeze performance out of the CPU and integrated GPU.
In order of priorities:
1. Cool N' quiet, or all available menu options
2. Unlocked cpu frequency divider and/or multiplier/fsb
3. Anything else graphics/cpu related

I want to be able to overclock this device to the max, play around with CPU/GPU frequencies/voltages, and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Gabe

Any news on this? I just want Cool N Quiet disabled so I can peg the CPU at 1.2GHz.
find
quote
#4
Bump. Anybody?

Just need Cool N Quiet disabled. Thanks.
find
quote
#5
Bump!
find
quote
#6
Bump. Anyone up for disabling cool-n-quiet?
find
quote
#7
(10-23-2012, 07:14 AM)Gabe Wrote: Bump. Anyone up for disabling cool-n-quiet?

try these 2 modified bios-es:
Acer Iconia TAB W501(W500)_1.14__WL_2.zip
http://rghost.net/45540479

Flash from pure DOS.
Please post results.

not my works, its from another site... however this is what I used for my w500.
find
quote
#8
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/acer-gat...-w500.html

This is what you need, I flashed it pure dos and works perfectly as well.


Attached Files
.zip   WT1V114_M.zip (Size: 3.45 MB / Downloads: 96)
find
quote
#9
(05-20-2013, 07:45 AM)fastwanabe Wrote: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/acer-gat...-w500.html

This is what you need, I flashed it pure dos and works perfectly as well.

Pleae forgive me a stupid question like this one, but: what do you mean "flashed it pure dos"? I have Linux installed on my Tab- Ubuntu 13.04, and i have an stick with freeDos on it. so How can I flash this Bios?

I am not totally new into that subject, but I have problems understanding special terms. So in fact, I have no clue, what flashing in pure dos means....

Thanks in advance Wink


Update: With the flashit utility it tells me, the old version is iconia tab w500 and the new one is bb and its not supported... any ideas?
find
quote
#10
@fastwanabe
Is that bios unlock the HPET for hackintosh support ?
I would like this tablet to be able to run a hackintosh ( yousmite or elcapitan if can )
Can you please reupload both moded bios versions ?
Thanks in advance
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)