Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424322
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3595
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224208
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169217
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Request unlocking Mecer W170hn (Ex-branded Clevo W170hn) BIOS
#1
Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn, basically a ex-branded clevo w170hn. Can you please mod my bios it would be very appreciated.

My specs are:
Intel Core I7 2670qm
Nvidia GT 540m
hm65 mobo

Thanks!


Attached Files
.rar   Bios.rar (Size: 1.42 MB / Downloads: 14)
find
quote
#2
(10-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn

Look here PM
find
quote
#3
(10-12-2012, 07:50 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn

Look here PM

Hi i attached the file you asked. I hope everything works out. Just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks!


Attached Files
.rar   Tokens.rar (Size: 628.35 KB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#4
(10-12-2012, 01:30 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:50 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn

Look here PM

Hi i attached the file you asked. I hope everything works out. Just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Make a full backup of the BIOS http://rghost.ru/40892544
find
quote
#5
(10-12-2012, 11:16 PM)555LE Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 01:30 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:50 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn

Look here PM

Hi i attached the file you asked. I hope everything works out. Just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Make a full backup of the BIOS http://rghost.ru/40892544

Hi,

I tried to back up my bios using the tool but a message pops up and says that my firmware does not have AFUWINGUI support. Should I try to back it up through dos?

(10-12-2012, 11:16 PM)555LE Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 01:30 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:50 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I have a mecer w170hn

Look here PM

Hi i attached the file you asked. I hope everything works out. Just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Make a full backup of the BIOS http://rghost.ru/40892544

Hi,

I tried to backup my Bios using the program but it says firmware does not AFUWINGUI flash support. Should I try to backup my Bios using DOS?
find
quote
#6
(10-15-2012, 07:44 AM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I tried to backup my Bios using the program but it says firmware does not AFUWINGUI flash support. Should I try to backup my Bios using DOS?

you and I need to forward a complete backup
in your bios is slic from the vendor and can not be destroyed by it using another vendor
I strongly ask you to keep a complete backup, choosing the program bios
it is you need in the future to return to the BIOS
do so AFUDOS BIOS ROM backup / O
find
quote
#7
(10-15-2012, 08:19 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 07:44 AM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I tried to backup my Bios using the program but it says firmware does not AFUWINGUI flash support. Should I try to backup my Bios using DOS?

you and I need to forward a complete backup
in your bios is slic from the vendor and can not be destroyed by it using another vendor
I strongly ask you to keep a complete backup, choosing the program bios
it is you need in the future to return to the BIOS
do so AFUDOS BIOS ROM backup / O

Hi,

I tried to backup my bios through dos using the efudos. but it gives an error: problem getting flash information. Is there another way to do a backup?

Thanks!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#8
(10-20-2012, 11:58 AM)Dslayer99 Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 08:19 AM)555LE Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 07:44 AM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

I tried to backup my Bios using the program but it says firmware does not AFUWINGUI flash support. Should I try to backup my Bios using DOS?

you and I need to forward a complete backup
in your bios is slic from the vendor and can not be destroyed by it using another vendor
I strongly ask you to keep a complete backup, choosing the program bios
it is you need in the future to return to the BIOS
do so AFUDOS BIOS ROM backup / O

Hi,

I tried to backup my bios through dos using the efudos. but it gives an error: problem getting flash information. Is there another way to do a backup?

Thanks!

try to use it http://rghost.ru/41064572
find
quote
#9
Hi,

So I tried to backup the bios with the afudos you suggested but it gives the same error. Any suggestions? Do you think I should just give up trying to unlock the bios? The only reason why I wanted to unlock my bios is because I've been experiencing throttling issues and for some reason throttlestop does not seem to make any difference.

Thanks for your help!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
(10-21-2012, 06:59 AM)Dslayer99 Wrote: Hi,

So I tried to backup the bios with the afudos you suggested but it gives the same error. Any suggestions? Do you think I should just give up trying to unlock the bios? The only reason why I wanted to unlock my bios is because I've been experiencing throttling issues and for some reason throttlestop does not seem to make any difference.

Thanks for your help!

command is incorrect
afudos backup.rom /o
Here, read for understanding
age (applies to AFUWIN, AFUDOS, AFUEFI and AFUEFI64...
for usage of AFUBSD and AFULNX see help files provided in their folders):
------------------------------------------------------------------
AFUXXX "BIOS ROM File Name" [Option 1] [Option 2]
Or
AFUXXX "Input or Output File Name" "Command"
Or
AFUXXX "Command"

BIOS ROM File Name
The mandatory field is used to specify path/filename of the BIOS ROM file with extension.

Commands
The mandatory field is used to select an operation mode.
- /O Save current ROM image to file
- /U Get and display ROM ID from BIOS ROM file
- /S Refer to Option: /S
- /D Verification test of given ROM File without flashing BIOS.
- /A Refer to Option: /A
- /OAD Refer to Option: /OAD
- /CLNEVNLOG Refer to Option: /CLNEVNLOG

Options
The optional field used to supply more information for flashing BIOS ROM. Following lists the supported optional parameters and format:
- /P Program main bios image
- /B Program Boot Block
- /N Program NVRAM
- /E Program Embedded Controller block if present
- /K Program all non-critical blocks and ROM Holes
- /Kn Program n'th non-critical block or ROM Hole only (0>= n <=15)
- /Q Quiet mode enable
- /REBOOT Reboot after update BIOS done
- /X Do not check ROM ID
- /S Display current system's BIOS ROM ID
- /R Preserve all SMBIOS structures during programming.
- /Rn Preserve SMBIOS type N during programming.
- /Shutdown Shutdown after programming.
- /HOLE: Upate sepcific ROM Hole according to RomHole GUID.
- /HOLEOUT: Save specific ROM Hole according to given GUID.
- /SP Preserve Setup setting.
- /EC Program Embedded Controller Block.(Flash Type)
- /ECUF Update EC BIOS when newer version is detected.
- /ME Program ME Entire Firmware Block.
- /MEUF Program ME Ignition Firmware Block.
- /CAF Compare ROM file's data with Systems is different or not, if not then cancel related update.
- /A Oem Activation file.
- /OAD Delete OEM Activation Key
- /CLNEVNLOG Clear Event Log.
- /CAPSULE Override Secure Flash policy by capsule
- /RECOVERY Override Secure Flash policy by recovery


Rules
- Any parameter encolsed by < > is a mandatory field.
- Any parameter enclosed by [ ] is an optional field.
- cannot co-exist with any [Options].
- Main BIOS image is default flashing area if no any option present.
- [/REBOOT], [/X], and [/S] will enable [/P] function automatically.
- If [/B] present alone, there is only the Boot Block area to be updated.
- If [/N] present alone, there is only the NVRAM area to be updated.
- If [/E] present alone, there is only the Embedded Controller block to be updated.
- [/CAPSULE] and [/RECOVERY] commands present only while Security Flash Module exists in the BIOS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)