Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3522
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 196
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 155
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223540
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119084
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 229
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6726
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61892
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 556
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20204
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169108
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6249
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 755
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5726
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61087
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274922
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 872

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
Thanks Andy! Will try soon.

jkbuha: yes, the table seems to be generated at startup. You can fetch your CPU PSS values by using AIDA64's ACPI tool to dump the current version of that particular SSDT table, but I have no idea if you can flash it back with modified values. I tried it, but the default values came back no matter what I did. It seems that Cpu0Ist in BIOS ROM serves only as a template.
find
quote
I suspect they're populated by ME at startup.... can anyone else confirm?
find
quote
Definitely something weird going on. I've compared the AIDA and BIOS SSDT outputs and there is clearly something happening at startup. Look at the difference in the files:

Code:
Comparing files acpi_ssdt_4.dsl and 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
*
* Disassembly of acpi_ssdt_4.bin, Thu Feb 14 14:18:10 2013
*
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
*
* Disassembly of 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.ROM, Wed Feb 13 10:24:40 2013
*
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
*     Signature        "SSDT"
*     Length           0x00000804 (2052)
*     Revision         0x01
*     Checksum         0x93
*     OEM ID           "PmRef"
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
*     Signature        "SSDT"
*     Length           0x00000990 (2448)
*     Revision         0x01
*     Checksum         0xC7
*     OEM ID           "PmRef"
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl

DefinitionBlock ("acpi_ssdt_4.aml", "SSDT", 1, "PmRef", "Cpu0Ist", 0x00003000)
{
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL

DefinitionBlock ("299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.aml", "SSDT", 1, "PmRef", "Cpu0Ist", 0x00003000)
{
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
    External (CFGD)
    External (NPSS, IntObj)
    External (PDC0)
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
    External (CFGD)
    External (PDC0)
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
                        0x00,               // Bit Offset
                        0x0000000000001004, // Address
                        ,)
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
                        0x00,               // Bit Offset
                        0x0000000000008000, // Address
                        ,)
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl

        Method (XPSS, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL

        Method (_PSS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PSS: Performance Supported States
        {
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl

        Name (SPSS, Package (0x0A)
        {
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL

        Name (SPSS, Package (0x20)
        {
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000A8D,
                0x000088B8,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000083,
                0x00000000
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000A8C,
                0x000088B8,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000183,
                0x00000001
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000898,
                0x00006885,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000283,
                0x00000002
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x000007D0,
                0x00005D47,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000383,
                0x00000003
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000708,
                0x0000513B,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000483,
                0x00000004
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000640,
                0x000046E5,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000583,
                0x00000005
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x00000578,
                0x00003BCD,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000683,
                0x00000006
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x000004B0,
                0x00003254,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000783,
                0x00000007
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

***** acpi_ssdt_4.dsl
            {
                0x000003E8,
                0x00002948,
                0x0000006E,
                0x0000000A,
                0x00000883,
                0x00000008
            },
***** 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0-6F9A0A3A006E_5_640.DSL
            {
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000,
                0x80000000
            },
*****

Where on earth are the SSDT tables being populated? From the ME region?
find
quote
Hi Andy

With your latest patch I think the DSDT & SSDT patching works well now. I'm still getting an empty SPSS & _PSS declaration, but the file compiles well and I'm not getting any errors. I'd obviously like to know why the declarations are not being properly populated but that is most likely due to the ME region of the firmware, not the PhoenixTool. Great work and thanks for a speedy patch!

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
I wasn't able to verify that DSDT reintegrates properly. I've submitted my feedback over at MDL.
find
quote
(02-15-2013, 05:07 PM)TimeWalker Wrote: I wasn't able to verify that DSDT reintegrates properly. I've submitted my feedback over at MDL.

Confimed. Fixed in the 2.14 version posted in the MDL thread.
Andy
find
quote
Confirmed that DSDT reintegrates properly in the latest version of 2.14. I can understand now how the DSDT integrates back into the BIOS.

Many thanks Andy for this.

Now can someone explain how the SSDT SPSS and _PSS values are populated at startup outside of the BIOS embedded DSDT and SSDTs?
find
quote
Have you guys had any issues with the 15z and Windows 8?

I've got a relatively clean install of Win8 x64 with A12, and all the latest updates, and my system just hangs at the "shutting down" and "restarting" screen almost every time and I have to hold the power button to do a hard power off.

The problem still exists when I disable all non-microsoft services and all startup applications.

I've also turned off the fast boot option as well.
find
quote
Hey thor Smile

Interesting error - are you booting Win UEFI?

@anyone - any updates on my comments on SSDT/DSDT integration?
find
quote
(03-01-2013, 06:28 AM)jkbuha Wrote: Hey thor Smile

Interesting error - are you booting Win UEFI?

AFAIK I'm just booting off BIOS
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)