Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite L655 (PSK1Ex & PSK1Jx) BIOS Unlock
#11
All we can do is unlock opions, not add options. So since those options don't already exists in your bios, then there's nothing we can do about it. Sorry. It's extreamly rare for overclocking options to exists in the stup utility. Out of all the bios I've modded, only one had cpu overclokcing and that was for an HP mini 311.
find
quote
#12
Oh, I see, so I'm still very grateful, it was very exciting to see my unlocked BIOS option that has not even know what good xD. But then I must give up overclocking my Satellite or has some other way without being peli BIOS?
find
quote
#13
You could try checking out this post. I'm not sure how to bypass the flash discriptor for Toshiba computers though. Honestly overclocking laptops just seems like a bad idea to me. They have very poor ventalation and heat distribution, and it doesn't seem worth it since it'll ultimatley shorten your CPUs life.
find
quote
#14
You took many doubts. I am satisfied with my laptop the way it is, I think it would be better to overclock my CPU upgrade to an i7 hehe. You helped me a lot, which could now be moving this post to unlocked Insyde Bioses for future users already have the unlocked BIOS too? Again thank you very much and: D ~
find
quote
#15
Is this BIOS MOD also working for the L650 series? To be more specific the notebook model is: Satellite l650-16w

http://www.toshiba.it/discontinued-produ...-l650-16w/

Thank you.
find
quote
#16
(06-09-2014, 08:51 AM)JohnTristar Wrote: Is this BIOS MOD also working for the L650 series? To be more specific the notebook model is: Satellite l650-16w

http://www.toshiba.it/discontinued-produ...-l650-16w/

Thank you.

Hi friend,
the only way to find compatibility is find same version Bios 2.40 for your laptop then
unpack It ad do an Hex Compare Byte by Byte with L655 version !
So upload 2.40 for yours laptop or post a link to It here and I will do a comparation to say if They are the same !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#17
(06-09-2014, 09:31 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 08:51 AM)JohnTristar Wrote: Is this BIOS MOD also working for the L650 series? To be more specific the notebook model is: Satellite l650-16w

http://www.toshiba.it/discontinued-produ...-l650-16w/

Thank you.

Hi friend,
the only way to find compatibility is find same version Bios 2.40 for your laptop then
unpack It ad do an Hex Compare Byte by Byte with L655 version !
So upload 2.40 for yours laptop or post a link to It here and I will do a comparation to say if They are the same !
Regards

Hi kind friend!
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

The latest untouched official BIOS for my laptop L650-16w is this (2.40):
http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-file...141325.zip

Kind Regards
find
quote
#18
If it's not a difficult process and if someone would kindly show me how to do it I could do it myself (or at least try). Smile

Of course I would prefer if someone as experienced as BDMaster could do the comparison, but if he has other things to do (I totally understand!) I could try to have a look. Smile
find
quote
#19
(06-10-2014, 03:51 AM)JohnTristar Wrote: If it's not a difficult process and if someone would kindly show me how to do it I could do it myself (or at least try). Smile

Of course I would prefer if someone as experienced as BDMaster could do the comparison, but if he has other things to do (I totally understand!) I could try to have a look. Smile

Hi friend,
They are equal, so if Original Bioses are Equals the Mod Bios is good for your Laptop too !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#20
(06-10-2014, 06:01 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 03:51 AM)JohnTristar Wrote: If it's not a difficult process and if someone would kindly show me how to do it I could do it myself (or at least try). Smile

Of course I would prefer if someone as experienced as BDMaster could do the comparison, but if he has other things to do (I totally understand!) I could try to have a look. Smile

Hi friend,
They are equal, so if Original Bioses are Equals the Mod Bios is good for your Laptop too !
Regards
Wow, thank you very much for the reply and the time you spent comparing the two files! I appreciate it!

Have a great summer! Smile
Kind regards.

What the heck, I already had the official 2.40 bios and now InsydeFlash tells me: "the version of rom file is the same version of bios" so I can't flash it.
I will try to flash a previous BIOS and see it that will allow me to upload the modded 2.40. Smile

EDIT: I just had to modify the value flag=1 to flag=0 in platform.ini (under [Bios_Version_Check]) and I was able to successfully flash the notebook with the modded BIOS!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)