Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 143
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222120
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118902
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6645
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 269
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308954
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61739
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20104
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168823
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6138
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5624
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60937
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274809
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24736

[HELP REQUEST] Clevo W76CU
#1
It seems that I have the exact same bios with this:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Cl...eCore-BIOS

Here is my backup file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz3x1zh8nwdx3j...000000.rom

I am seeking to unlock the bios and wondering if:
1. The unlocked bios uploaded in the above thread will do
2. someone could help with unlocking it
3. Where can I read more on bios unlocking, so that I can help others as well when I reach a good level of understanding?
4. Clevo claims that the laptop has a 4GB ram limit. The CPU and the chipset support upto 8GG. How can I verify if there is a bios-imposed limitation and somehow remove it?

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
Maybe someone could point some directions and help me get started with this? Smile
find
quote
#3
I started investigating this on my own...

Until now:
1. The old phoenix edit tool is not working.
2. I found that the BIOS does not impose a 4GB limitation.
3. phoenixtool254 did extract but I am unsure where to go from there. Hex editor was not much help.
4. CBROM starts analyzing and never stops...

I still need:
To enable the menus that control the CPU and memory frequences
find
quote
#4
Still kind of stuck...

Used Andi's tool...but I am confused.

1. How can I examine the structure? I do not see any such option...
2. In the advanced tab there are a couple of options mentioning "unlock" what does it refers to?Huh
find
quote
#5
still stuck...

I am trying to unlock 1-2 hidden menus to get started but not sure where to go from here...Huh

Any ideas?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)