Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221192
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118710
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6578
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 187
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308704
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61625
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 366
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20013
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168628
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6043
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 583
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60812
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274718
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 703
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24678
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694247
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174258
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 973

M2NPV-VM to support Phenom II & Athlon II?
#31
Ok now ive found another bios for the M2N-Sli Deluxe. Its the 1802, the 1802 is pretty much the same as the 1801 and was released by an asus engineer to fix compatability with the new 5000 series ati cards. After inspecting the files with CBROM i notice that there is an additional 1.46K in rom space. Would that be enough to try the original rom idea that was short on space last night?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ai8jrg

[Image: 1100979.png] Big Grin
find
quote
#32
Hi guys. Nice site. I appreciate what you are doing here.

I just registered here.

The magic words
Code:
cbrom 0062     0414|       0068     040A|       006D     041B
     0083     0680|
brought me here.
Incidentally, even I have the M2NPV-VM and am looking to upgrade to a phenom using the microcode update.

I have done some limited bios editing like overclocking the onboard igp, adding a 3x HT multiplier (limited success) besides the usual slic, isa/pci rom.
The little that I know of BIOS editing, I learnt from The Rebels Haven.

I don't have any hotflash equipment but I am on good terms with the local dealer so I also wanna try this too.
Will be highly obliged for all your help.
find
quote
#33
The microcode is easily updatable, and hopefully the AGESA as well. If you have a Phenom CPU, please tell me and I'll try to make a release for this board.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#34
(03-25-2010, 05:44 AM)TheWiz Wrote: The microcode is easily updatable, and hopefully the AGESA as well. If you have a Phenom CPU, please tell me and I'll try to make a release for this board.

TheWiz

I don't have one right now, but if my mobo passes post, I'll surely head out to buy one that instant. Plus, i have plenty of friends who would be willing to lend me theirs if I tell then what I have done.

I think I can do the mod myself too
by this method:
http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/...p=4#000059

I have been able to successfully extract the ncpucode through hexworkshop and adding it back as cpucode (dunno if this is the right approach), so yeah, I am excited.

btw, the bios posted before has M2N-E SLIs stuff. Also, what is this AUDIODJ.BIN module. Mine has a PMU rom.

I am prepared to lose the LAN boot rom (I had released it to insert RayeR's ROMOS, that's about 64k space!)

All your inputs would be very welcome Smile
find
quote
#35
LOL, please don't flash your board until I make my release. You have to understand that Rebelhavens is good at some stuff, CPU upgrades is NOT one of them. They claim you cant use CBROM to update the microcode, but if you have the right version and the right runtime environment, its a piece of guaranteed cake, they just deny that it works.

Anyways, I will have a release soon with the latest AGESA and a 28K microcode file

TheWiz
www find
quote
#36
From what i read there was some promise listed on one of their forums:-

- extract cpucode from other bios file for your cpu (you've limited space in your bios file so extract and add just cpucode for you cpu).
- in your bios file, add before adress 5DBE0 your new cpucode xxxxx. i've extracted cpucode for your cpu and he has a size of 2000 (hex format). calculate the new beginning of ncpucode: 5DBE0 - SizeOfCpuCode = new beginning of ncpucode. 5DBE0 - 2000(for me)= 5BBE0 (for me)
- go to 5BBE0 (for me) and add your new cpucode here
- now find value *BS1 (type: text string in hex workshop) result: adress 6D090. you've this:
2A 42 53 31 04 08 96 07 00 80 D0 E0 DB FD FF 00 *BS1............
patch here: E0 DB (original adress 5DBE0 - the beginning of original ncpucode) to E0 BB (adress 5BBE0 -the beginning of new ncpucode)
- save your modded bios file and run c:\cbrom G1975XC.F3 /NC_CPUCODE NCPUCODE.BIN for new checksum
- now check with cbrom your result

but im not too confident with hex editors atm, so perhaps you would enjoy better luck.

:p


http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/...p=4#000059

[Image: 1100979.png] Big Grin
find
quote
#37
Yep. That's what I was planning to do.
Eagerly awaiting your release TheWiz.

My mobo is the M2NPV-VM (on the 1401 bios) and Ace's is M2N-SLI Deluxe

Thanks a lot for your consideration.
find
quote
#38
Mine is the M2N-SLi Deluxe
WizKid said he would be around in two hours two hours ago.

Not long now...... lol

[Image: 1100979.png] Big Grin
find
quote
#39
hehe. me waiting too. I want to learn how to do this myself. I promise to be an active contributing member of this forum if I learn how to cook one myself

hex editing is a piece of cake. Flashing a modded bios ain't Big Grin

Also TheWiz. I would like to know what SDK and version of cbrom I should use.

I was using 0.95 to release and add the cpucode and Hex workshop for extracting the ncpucode by the method above.
find
quote
#40
Forget the Hex, it is too much work when CBROm can add and extract automatically (rebel haven likes doing things the ahrd ways at times, even though they have gr8 hex guides for menu items. anyways....)

I am making versions right now. Please chat on MSN, and this is new for Radical but u can add me with

cjj9872000yk AT passport DOT com

Reason for my tardiness: Flashed a new ROM for my motherboard (yes I do make these things for me to every once in a while) and I ended up having to backpedal a bit Tongue

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)