Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108066
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425668
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227661
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

Cant install a bios
#1
Hello.

I am trying to update my Alienware M17x R! bios from A03 stock bios to A06 modded bios in hope that I can stop the CPU throttling.

I couldn't at first update it using afudos and the normal method because it said it was a corrupt file. So I read there was a way to bypass this and proceeded to put a developer AFUDOS on my bootable usb pen drive.

Now its saying that the file size doesn't match the size of the bios installed.

Is there any way and also should I bypass this error. Is this the right bios? https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...-R1?page=4

Thanks
find
quote
#2
(03-18-2015, 10:00 AM)Jaraks Wrote: Hello.

I am trying to update my Alienware M17x R! bios from A03 stock bios to A06 modded bios in hope that I can stop the CPU throttling.

I couldn't at first update it using afudos and the normal method because it said it was a corrupt file. So I read there was a way to bypass this and proceeded to put a developer AFUDOS on my bootable usb pen drive.

Now its saying that the file size doesn't match the size of the bios installed.

Is there any way and also should I bypass this error. Is this the right bios? https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...-R1?page=4

Thanks

Ok so i found out the reason why. Its a bios update for use with phlash, and the one im looking for is for the older Alienwares. There has been a request for it but I dont think there has been a link. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
find
quote
#3
Right its actually an M17. No x. Dell detects and most other things with the x and r1. Its [censored] annoying to search for as search engines keep adding x.
find
quote
#4
Right I really hope someone helps here. And if not it will help someone else.

Its an American Megatrends boot up, but an intel crestline bios ID. Which is a processor and not a Motherboard. Am I right.

There is a few people that are stuck so it would be good to clear it up.

I have dumped my bios, but it didn't state the name of the file, and yes I have looked up info, and I could tell you what the motherboards called, which is where people have got stumped because the bios file is just non existent. Anyway I'll keep myself posted.

You know just talk to myself.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)