Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14356
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425639
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3843
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227573
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG
#1
Hello... first post...

I've managed to unlock the Advanced and Power menus of the InsydeH20 Bios for the Acer TimelineX 3830TG.

What I did was I took a modified bios, found out which instruction was different from stock, then applied the same modification to a newer bios. This was by far a gutsy move but it paid off.

The reason I am writing this post however is first of all my method seems to be ugly and I think it messes with the SLIC, however this I cannot be certain of. I would also like to unlock more menus if at all possible that have to do with the multipliers and voltage controls of the system. I seem to have managed to get these to show in the bios but they are greyed out... and I've reach the limit of my ability and my nerves to try and modify without explicitly knowing what I'm doing.

Another thing I would like to find is the GPU throttle temperature setting. When the GPU hits 75C it throttle the CPU to half speed and I would like to modify or even remove this limit.

I look forward to any and all help I might receive.
find
quote
#2
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.

find
quote
#3
(04-21-2012, 11:07 AM)Mick Wrote: Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...er&SC=PA_4
find
quote
#4
I am curious, has anyone looked into this?
find
quote
#5
Well if anyone is curious here is a link to the bios I modded...

http://rghost.net/37554693

I would still very much appreciate if anyone might help me with the issues I talked about on the first post of this thread.
find
quote
#6
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...er&SC=PA_4
[/quote]

Hi, I have a 4830t and it looks like your Bios is the same as mine, (even if yours is with Nvidia) can you tell me if in your modified Bios you have a Bluetooth option?, I'm asking you because my Laptop didn't come with bluetooth and I replaced the wifi minicard with an Intel Wifi-Bluetooth 6235 but every time I turn off the laptop the bluetooth just disappears the next time I turn the laptop back on, so, to "reset" it I have to kill the power from the battery before I turn it back on...
The Bluetooth is the only thing I want to modify in the Bios, so I was thinking in using your "1.10 Menus"...

Thank You

... I just compared the two original Bioses with a file comparison tool and they ARE different... good thing I didn't give it a shot.....
find
quote
#7
can you post the moded bios again looks like the file was removed
find
quote
#8
Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
(02-20-2015, 07:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

regards
Hi,
Will this BIOS be compatible with Aspire 4830T (the non-nvidia graphics version) ?
If yes, any way of flashing it with DOS (as I don't have Windows installed) ?
find
quote
#10
Ok friend,
It seems to be only one Bios for all Laptops, then during the flashing then It will
choice what to do !
You can try to use Flashit.exe (just do a search on Google), but I think will not possible !
You can use a LiveUSB with win7 on like this one :

Hiren's Boot DVD 15.2 Restored Edition 1.1 (January 2013)

It permits to run WinXP or Win7 x32 from an USB Stick !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)