Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Couponcode Temu 100€ Korting [act200019]...
Last Post: Monkeydluffy
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Couponcode Temu 40% Korting [acp856709] ...
Today 09:10 AM
» Views: 10
Temu Korting 100€ [act200019] Voor Nieuw...
Today 09:09 AM
» Views: 9
[REQUEST] Lenovo L540 (J4ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: mache
Today 05:36 AM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 8315
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Asus ROG GL552VW
Last Post: tsampos1993
Today 01:29 AM
» Replies: 119
» Views: 70024
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ISK White...
Last Post: arbdlp
Yesterday 02:33 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2247
[REQUEST] Lenove Yoga 3 14 80JH Whitelis...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 06:14 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 11974
[Success] [Bios Mod] Dell XPS L321X EFI ...
Last Post: Benson123
Yesterday 06:07 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 2740
MPM NOT VALID Zbook Fury G8
Last Post: costin83
Yesterday 04:19 AM
» Views: 73
need help with account
Last Post: UchihaRecker
09-25-2024 05:49 PM
» Views: 78
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite L650 WhiteLi...
Last Post: Cobalt027
09-25-2024 12:41 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 5398
LG X130 Unlock Bios for Wifi Adapter
Last Post: Mert Serdar
09-25-2024 08:31 AM
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad L340 (BGCNxxWW)...
Last Post: alihashemi1313
09-25-2024 04:20 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 23566
Redmi book 15 pro - bios - working scree...
Last Post: fsztacheta
09-24-2024 04:20 PM
» Views: 244
Dell XPS 9570 No TPM issue
Last Post: naquaada
09-24-2024 08:12 AM
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: TekNando
09-24-2024 07:08 AM
» Replies: 110
» Views: 37907
MSI PRO B650-S Wifi Board
Last Post: Maxinator500
09-24-2024 12:55 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 385
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54 BIOS Unl...
09-23-2024 01:35 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1861
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
09-23-2024 07:38 AM
» Replies: 714
» Views: 368975
[REQUEST] ASUS FX506HC BIOS Unlock
Last Post: iamkudo
09-23-2024 07:36 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 637

HP COMPAQ Iris8 with Unlocked Overclocking Options
Yep Ctrl F1 gives me some stuff too. I haven't done any OCing yet because I am stilll getting all mys tuff back on the new OS. Also, I found a guide for messing with fan wires to get the desired speed, so I got that going 4 me. Also, I am waiting for my Phenom II 905e on newegg Tongue

Also, I made a detailed blog post (check it out) and updated the threads witht he new instructions.
www find
Also Nick, I was thinking of making a second release with the hidden CPU voltage options (NPT and VID and virtualization) and updating the AGESA code. If you don't have a means for backup, i will ask Tango.

Chris
www find
(03-07-2010, 10:32 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Also Nick, I was thinking of making a second release with the hidden CPU voltage options (NPT and VID and virtualization) and updating the AGESA code. If you don't have a means for backup, i will ask Tango.

Chris

I see the voltage options on mine. I had to up the cpu voltage to get the overclock.

My fan is plugged into the sysfan port.

I am also using a power supply that uses the full plug in on the motherboard. The original power supply didnt. Not sure if it makes a difference.

nick
find
Wierd. I think you used the one that was posted in the nGEMU, while I flashed the original forgetting to unlock it. How much did you have to up the FSB. and I find it really strange I am the only fan epidemic, but maybe the iris8 and nettle2 address that fan pin differently. Anyways, I solved the fan issue by using molex power to the fan (5V low speed 1200RPM) and left the yellow cord in the original place for readout and everything works gr8 ow. I think I will hold off reflashing until i release version 2 and until I get a new proccesor.

TheWiz
www find
(03-07-2010, 08:51 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Wierd. I think you used the one that was posted in the nGEMU, while I flashed the original forgetting to unlock it. How much did you have to up the FSB. and I find it really strange I am the only fan epidemic, but maybe the iris8 and nettle2 address that fan pin differently. Anyways, I solved the fan issue by using molex power to the fan (5V low speed 1200RPM) and left the yellow cord in the original place for readout and everything works gr8 ow. I think I will hold off reflashing until i release version 2 and until I get a new proccesor.

TheWiz

got the fsb to 230, any higher and get black screen and beeping at boot up Tongue
find
230 aint that bad considering that the last unlocked bios wasnt even close
www find
Hi there folks. I'm a noob who tried the mod bios iris8mod.bin on
a compaq presario sr5710f. Motherboard info
compaq
* Manufacturer: ECS
* Motherboard Name: MCP61PM-HM
* HP/Compaq motherboard name: Iris8-GL6
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/produ...ct=3867469&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us)

After a dos flash I rtried to eboot into vista but my pre-installed OS told me
I needed to re-activate. I attempted to re-install the os from the recovery discs but no luck. The hp-compaq bios on the website is vista only but I can't get past the validation-logon screen. Tried a copy of win7 for compaq some gave me but the bios update said I t wasn't able to install. I extracted the 5.27 bios from the
file directly under a windowsxp computer and mad a dos boot however the
flash has changed the compaq to an hp without the machine specific info that it had before (ie: sr5710f-compaq info). I don't think using the dos method of flashing is getting the proper oem info into the bios. I think i'm Certified as an hp but my copy of compaq vista isn't buying it. Also the oem compaq logo is gone during the system boot-up diag . Can anyone help me restore my proper oem bios status so my recovery disc will validate? (sp40911.exe)
I'm kinda stuck right now without a proper OS. I'm on a loaner right now. Plus the bios mod only works up to a point. IT's missing my video rams proper size. It see's the 128mb shared vid as 64 in the cmos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Dj
find
Hey dj rud,

Why didn't you flash the new mod??? Tthe Iris8mod file is outdated, and is based off of HP. If you go to the beginning of the thre, there is a complete how to on flashing an abit retail bios that opens up new windows of opportunity with these hp/compaq boards. So first, I would follow all of the instructions on the first page of the thread, because its a gr8 bios that works for a lot of people with this chipset. So if you flash that, and you are still having activation issues, we will insert an SLIC so it will automatically update and reactivate.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
(05-19-2010, 06:54 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey dj rud,

Why didn't you flash the new mod??? Tthe Iris8mod file is outdated, and is based off of HP. If you go to the beginning of the thre, there is a complete how to on flashing an abit retail bios that opens up new windows of opportunity with these hp/compaq boards. So first, I would follow all of the instructions on the first page of the thread, because its a gr8 bios that works for a lot of people with this chipset. So if you flash that, and you are still having activation issues, we will insert an SLIC so it will automatically update and reactivate.

Thanks,
TheWiz

I thought the hp bios was closer to my compaq and wouldn't cause OS problems. Opps, I was wrong. I did install the newer bios and now vista crashes outright. The system just stops with a warning that some kind of hardware change has occured and vista can not repair itself. Under the older iris8 version, vista got to the log on stage and stated it was activated anymore but it didn't crash altogether. I'm guessing this is a result of oem
pre-installed compaq vista and may not impact people with a regular install.
Compaq only provides reinstall discs and a recovery partion approach. Not very useful here.
Is there anyway to recover the original bios with valid compaq oem licencse or adapt the pre-installed vista to the new bios? Any help would be welcome!
I realize your busy here so hanks for your time and effort.
-Dj
find
Hey DJ,

If you are planning to reformat, using the COMPAQ recovery discs from scratch would allow you to get your OS working without the crash, then we would just add the SLIC. If you still want to go back to your original BIOS, follow the original instructions using this BIOS image:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/iris8orig.bin

If you go back to the original image and still cannot activate, then we will give you the instructions to reactivate successfully.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find