Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6375
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14014
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424521
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224698
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119180
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6796
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 421
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309771
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61979
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20290
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169395
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6362
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837

REQ: Lenovo S21e-20 Insyde BIOS Unlock
#1
I just purchased this little ultrabook, and I'm trying to wipe out Win8.1 and get either Win7 or Win XPSP3 installed, but can't get past the 0x00000A5 (Your BIOS is not ACPI compatible) error during initial install. Enabling the Win7 or "OtherOS" optimized settings in the BIOS and the "legacy USB Boot" fail to solve the problem. Also, the BIOS is severely limited, no power options at all.

Will unlocking the BIOS help me get past that error? Can one of you kind souls help me to mod the BIOS to unlock the advanced features?

This is the link to the 1.05 version of the S21e BIOS:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn15ww.exe

Any help very much appreciated, and Thanks very much!
find
quote
#2
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/7GBZt7FVt

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Thanks, I ran the utilities. Universal BIOS extractor says it can't identify the BIOS. But, the Backuptools appeared to identify it and got a dump, which I've uploaded as RESULTS.RAR.

It appears the BIOS is SPI locked. Can it be modified and reflashed?
find
quote
#4
Now We have to see if Sleep Bug is Activate yet !
So put your laptop into Sleep Mode (just close the Lid) and then Wacke-Up It
(reopen the Lid), then redo the result files (I hope last time !)

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(08-14-2015, 08:27 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Now We have to see if Sleep Bug is Activate yet !
So put your laptop into Sleep Mode (just close the Lid) and then Wacke-Up It
(reopen the Lid), then redo the result files (I hope last time !)

OK, I closed lid and re-did the dump. Under 'power options' I only say "Turn off", and "Hibernate", there was no "go to sleep" option. Perhaps ACPI options or chipset isn't properly detected by my re-install of Win 8.1? I've uploaded the new results anyway. Let me know if it helps.
find
quote
#6
I am sorry Sad !
Sleep Bug isn't activated and I din't find an older Bios Update for You !
So only SPI Programmer and Clip can do this job !
Look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
There are two versions of the BIOS for the S21e-20, 1.04 and 1.05. I have the files for both. The one above I uploaded is the dump of 1.04. If it would help you further, I could flash ver. 1.05, and run the Backuptools dump on that 1.05 version. Would that help in any way to get an unlock of the BIOS options?

Also, I didn't see any "sleep" option in power options, if I can somehow enable that sleep function and redump, will it help?
find
quote
#8
Ok Upload original update too and make this test again !
Many tjanks !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
(08-15-2015, 03:35 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok Upload original update too and make this test again !
Many tjanks !
Let me know
Regards


Alright, I've given it one more try. I restored the system from the recovery partition, and now I have the "sleep" option under power settings. I've attached four files, the S21e-20 Insyde v. 1.04 bios, with and without going to sleep, and also the new v. 1.05 bios, with and without going into sleep mode. Not sure if the SPI sleep bug is present. But, it is possible to flash the bios, because I upgraded from 1.04 to 1.05. I can also downgrade back to 1.04. The Bios updater code seems to be present in the UEFI boot process. Hope this helps you.


Attached Files
.rar   results104nosleep.rar (Size: 3.89 MB / Downloads: 13)
.rar   results104sleep.rar (Size: 3.89 MB / Downloads: 15)
.rar   results105nosleep.rar (Size: 3.76 MB / Downloads: 10)
.rar   results105sleep.rar (Size: 3.75 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#10
Can You upload the Original 104 = C4CN14WW Bios file please as I cannot find ?
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)