Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 180
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222471
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118952
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6673
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309079
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61810
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 502
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20137
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168904
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6182
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 703
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5660
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60982
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274842
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 816
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24765

Please unlock my BIOS R0112N0 for SZ4XWN
#1
Hi all,

can some one help me unlocking hidden features in Phoenix bios R0112N0?

I managed to unlock VT and enable AHCI following a guide on the web and using SYMCMOS, but unlocking hidden menus is really beyond my abilities.

In particular, I would be interested in accessing the CPU thermal settings submenu, because, since I moved to windows 7 my fan is always on, even if the processor is idle. When idle, the CPU temperature doesn't rise above 46°C, even if I manually disconnect the fan, so I was thinking to rise a bit the thermal trip from the bios.

I have a Sony Vaio SZ4 with a T5600 CPU, 2 gb ram, NVIDIA 7400 GM graphic card (which I rarely use), and a INTEL 945 GM chipset (IHC7M).

many thanks!


Attached Files
.rar   R0112N0.rar (Size: 682.3 KB / Downloads: 18)
find
quote
#2
Theres lots to unlock in this bios , im working on a full unlock and appreciate your patience

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
(05-28-2011, 07:24 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Theres lots to unlock in this bios , im working on a full unlock and appreciate your patience

Regards
Admin


thank you for having replied so quickly 1234s282.
I saw that hippotek and kizwan managed to unlock similar bios.
I join the modified version, maybe this can help you.






Attached Files
.rar   Sony Vaio VGN-AR760U R2080J8F MOD R2.rar (Size: 598.46 KB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
#4
[Image: Sony%20VGN-UX%20R0112N0%20Unlocked%20By%201234s282.png]

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Sony%20R0...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5

Hello admin,

that was quick!

thank you so much.
I'm looking forward to flash the modified bios.

I'll keep you informed!

Fabbri.

find
quote
#6
Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Sony%20R0...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
[/quote]

Hi Admin,

thanks again for modding R0112N0 bios for my vaio laptop.
Unfortunately, since I use the laptop for work I didn't have the time to flash it until yesterday.

I have one question:
usually I flash the bios using winphlash (I know is not the best way but it always worked for me), but, this time, when I tried to flash the modified bios you sent me, I end up with the following message:

"Corrupted interface descriptors in the new BIOS file
Platform Signature not found in the interface
Error code: -103"

do you think it is safe trying to flash the bios from dos despite this message?
(of course I want blame you if things go wrong!)

last question: I found a version of Crisis Recovery Disk that seems to work with USB pendrives (other than floppy). have you ever tried it?

thanks again!
fabbri.




find
quote
#7
I would consult kizwan about this , he is the expert on Phoenix Tongue Im not too sure and i haven't tried the Crisis Boot for USB drives Sorry

Admin
find
quote
#8
Hi,

This BIOS is a bit tricky. You'll need to use the BIOS flash tool included in the original package to flash this BIOS. These are two tools; 1) WBflash.exe (included in the original BIOS package) & 2) Phlash16 v1.7.0.18.
Phlash16 v1.7.0.18
WBflash.exe

Please try Phlash16.exe first in DOS mode (boot with DOS bootable drive). Run like this:-
phlash16.exe /x /s R0112N0.WPH

If this version of phlash16.exe also unable to flash the BIOS, please try WBflash.exe in windows.

EDIT: BTW, I found the WBflash.exe information over here.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#9
Hi,

I was very excited when I discovered this forum and this particular thread. Your work is much appreciated! I tried to flash my VAIO VGN-SZ4VWN/X with the above BIOS. However, all three methods resulted in an error.

phlash16.exe gave me:
Quote:Phoenix Phlash16 Error
Platform Signature Not found in the Interface.
PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT

wbflash.exe:
Quote:The System BIOS is current, and does not need an update.

WinPhlash:
Quote:Part ID of System BIOS and new Image File are different (system = , file = VAION). The System Platform may be different from the Image file. Are you sure you want to proceed?
I didn't dare to press Yes here.

Would you please advise me how to proceed?

Many thanks

find
quote
#10
Hello there.

I spent days and hours looking for an unlocked BIOS or to get the NVRAM registers.

I'm an experienced PC user, but a newbie in BIOS modding.

Here in the forum I only found dead links...

Now I please you guys to unlock my BIOS.

Here's what I know and got at this moment:

SONY VAIO VGN-SZ4XWN
PHOENIX BIOS R0112N0

I'm running under XP Pro, able to flash in booted dos 6.22 too.

Original Link: http://download.sony-europe.com/PUB/Down...232-UN.exe

attached my original backup .rom file and acpi tables from rw.


If you need some other facts or files, let me know.

Thanx so very much!!!


Attached Files
.rom   PhoenixTechnologiesLTD-R0112N0.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 18)
.rar   AcpiTbls.rar (Size: 50.32 KB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)