Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6683
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6444
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14078
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424651
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225173
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309918
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62032
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169498
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

[SOLVED] HP xw4600 & Xeon
#1
Hi,

A friend of mine has a HP XW 4600 system and he brought a Xeon X3363 to work with this system.

Works, but it power up all fans to 100% making noise unbearable.

I tried to mod the BIOS, but did not manage to do it, it seem that BIOS has some kind of checksum, on an external file, and does not allow modding.
It says it update BIOS, but it's not updating.

Here is the system in question:

1. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3432830&docId=emr_na-c02654715&docLocale=en_US
2. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3429662&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059

And the BIOS is:
Last update - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3429662&swItemId=wk_107350_1&swEnvOid=4059


And another thing I found was this - but it looks older - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3429662&swItemId=vc_90082_1&swEnvOid=4059

Can you please help me?
For any other question, please do contact me.

Thank you very much in advance!
find
quote
#2
I have this same problem with the HP xw4600! Ans was wondering if you have received any response, or found a solution elsewhere?
find
quote
#3
Download this file and extract all files into bootable USB stick with DOS.
Boot from USB stick with DOS and run FlashBin.exe.
find
quote
#4
(05-08-2016, 02:29 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Download this file and extract all files into bootable USB stick with DOS.
Boot from USB stick with DOS and run FlashBin.exe.

Thanks very much for this.
Can you provide details on how you modded the code, and what software utilities you use, so that I can learn to do this?
find
quote
#5
I've taken Microcode Update for HP 786F BIOS Family Computers with Intel Processors and modified it with HEX editor.
Please post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached microcode mod.
find
quote
#6
I have an HP xw4600 running a Q9300, I have a Xeon 5050 Id like top put in it, any advice would be helpful. Its an x38 chipset.
find
quote
#7
Did you tried to boot with it?
find
quote
#8
I installed the CPU in a i975x chipset board and it worked.
find
quote
#9
I mean in xw4600.
find
quote
#10
(09-07-2017, 10:51 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I mean in xw4600.

The 5050 works in the xw4600 but the benchmark tests I did with the 505 vs q9300 shows the q9300 WAY better so I reinstalled it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)