Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6413
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14045
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424569
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3658
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224889
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 300
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6819
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 441
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309841
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62009
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 659
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20320
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169442
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6392
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 866

Asus P5K-E Wifi AP
#1
Hello I'd need a bios 1.3.0.5 with something more recent than the Intel 7.5 ICH9R rom that doesn't work with my Crucial SSD (like a 8.9 for example).
Thanks a lot for your help

If it's feasible with a tutorial and no assembly notions, I willing to try too...
find
quote
#2
you cant necessarily replace the highest available ROM straight in there and expect it to work - each board has a RAID version limit so it might take a couple of mods to get right

Please post a link to or attach the latest bios image for your board and we will have a look Smile

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Hi thanks for your reply.
Latest BIOS for this board:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...E-1305.zip

Thanks a lot.
Hello,
I managed to realise a custom bios with an Intel 8.9.0.10.23 option ROM.
Can I post it here so it can be used?
I am confident enough since my setup is 2 Raptor in RAID 0, and I just booted successfully in Seven, from which i am writing this post.
I'll try to plug my C300 and see if it's working.

EDIT: C300 works fine in hot plug in 7, but still freezes the BIOS when plugged, I'll try a 9.6 version....


Attached Files
.rom   p5k-e-wifiAP-ICH8.9.0.1023.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 38)
find
quote
#4
(10-31-2010, 10:01 AM)p-dro Wrote: EDIT: C300 works fine in hot plug in 7, but still freezes the BIOS when plugged, I'll try a 9.6 version....
9.5 doesn't work (Hardware Unsupported), so my problem isn't fixed even with the latest ICH9R :-( I don't even get to the point where the option ROM, BIOSS freezes at bootup...

I found i your resource a 8.9.1.1002, so I made an updated bios with it.
No luck.
Is there some pre-ICH9R ROM disk detection routine that I could upgrade ?
the AHCI part ? In case where in the bios does it fit?


Attached Files
.rom   p5k-e-wifiap-ich8.9.1.1022.ROM (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 54)
find
quote
#5
OK, the problem wasn't linked to the BIOS.
Everything running fine now.

You can use this bios if you wish.
find
quote
#6
Your P35/ICH9 board works with 8.9.1? You can try 9.6, then, as some people have claimed that it works with ICH9 when 9.5 didn't... but, of course, not all ICH9 boards work with it.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#7
Hi,

Forgive my poor english ;o)
I have a motherboard Asus P5K-E Wifi AP with latest bios 1305, and chipset ICH9R still in v7.5.0.1017. Upgrade it interests me.

So, can you confirm that I understand correctly this thread : the last attached file is a new rom for this motherboard, based on BIOS 1305 from asus, with ICH9R BIOS v8.9.1.1022 ? If yes, it should work on my system (whatever its revision) ?

Thanks for answer.

KNel
find
quote
#8
It may work... give it a try. If the RAID BIOS is too new and unsupported then RAID mode won't work and you'll have to flash back, though IDE would still work so you wouldn't be screwed completely.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#9
Thanks for your answer. If unsupported and need to flash back, reload the Asus BIOS will work fine ? No problem for go down Bios ICH9R ?

KNel
find
quote
#10
If it doesn't work then just load the stock Asus 1305, and it will be back to normal.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)