Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6524
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308241
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61544
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19942
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168430
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5972
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 517
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5472
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60726
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274671
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 647
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693672
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174003
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59535
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43062

Verifying dmi pool data after failed bios update
#1
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I'm new to all this stuff, and I have a problem. I recently tried to update my bios using WinFlash for the Acer t180, the update failed because it couldent write or something, i restarted my computer and my pc just hangs at "Verifying dmi pool data". I have a bootdisk with the flash on it to update the bios though dos, but my system won't boot up my hdd, cd or usbdrives.

Guys I have absoloutly burnt my eyes and finger tips for days searching through google for the answer to this and I can't seem to find a possible solution for this. I have tried everything. Have I screwed my motherboard up? should I buy a new motherboard? I know its abit old anyways but i really donbt have the money to buy a new one.

I realise that this may not be the right place to ask this, but I figured that guys who know how to hack the bios like yourselves would easily know if my motherboard is knackered or not.

Edit: I'm confident I could sort this problem out if I could just manage to boot up my drives, anyone know how I can do this?
find
quote
#2
Does the machine POST? (that usually comes before verifying DMI pool data)

If you have something on the screen then its not completely dead! Smile

Can you get into the bios?

have you treid removing the CMOS battery from the motherbaord for a good 10-15 minutes while disconnecting the machine from the mains then putting it back in again?

Admin
find
quote
#3
Yes it posts (is that where it checks for drives, and does mem tests? if so then yes)

yeah i can get itno the bios, to change settings and things

yeah ive removed the cmos battery time and time again with machine disconnected from mains

it just wotn boot up any devices, no cd, hdd or usb
find
quote
#4
Strange

does your machine have a floppy drive? Try a bootable floppy to recover original bios

are drives detected in the bios at all?
find
quote
#5
My drives are detected in the bios yeah, but no I dont have a floppy drive, so ive been trying to boot from a usb drive, the usb drive boots up on my laptop so the usbdrive has defintly been converted into a bootdrive properly
find
quote
#6
Not all systems support booting from USB though!

Id get hold of a floppy drive from somewhere (an internal one , not a USB one , hope your motherboard has the right connection!) and try that

Admin
find
quote
#7
Just borrowed a floppy disk from my mates house and made a boot disk, tried booting up with the floppy and still no luck, "verifying DMI pool data" is still haunting me lol.
find
quote
#8
Try disconnecting the Hard drive , does it still say it?

If it doesnt , do the bios recovery with the hard drive unplugged and then plug it back in afterwards

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#9
hmm, seems to be one of the MCP61-boards from our testings. I once got the same error after flashing and I solved by removing the RTC-battery, setting the CMOS-RST-jumper, switching the PC on and then disconnecting for 15 minutes... this let me boot up the system just once to recover the normal way...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#10
So I removed battery, swiched CMOS jumpers and turn off computer for almost 30 minutes and when I turn computer on and finish at the same place


(11-30-2010, 04:14 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: hmm, seems to be one of the MCP61-boards from our testings. I once got the same error after urn computer ionand I solved by removing the RTC-battery, setting the CMOS-RST-jumper, switching the PC on and then disconnecting for 15 minutes... this let me boot up the system just once to recover the normal way...

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)