Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dm4-2000 & dm4-2100 series Whitelist Removal
#21
(06-19-2012, 06:36 AM)sntyad Wrote: extract the hp bios with andy's tool copy the .bin .fd and .sig to hp_recovery partition the boot with win+b . the hp recovery process launches and you get the normal boot just after.

Do u mean to put those file into hp_recovery partition inside the Hard Disk or a USB stick with "HP_TOOLS" labeled?

if it's the first one, then I guess I won't be able to do it. Because I deleted the HP partition inside the hard disk
find
quote
#22
hard disk

just get the hp partitioning tool http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Noteb...d-p/742019

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77449-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=4043591&sw_lang=

hp bios current

for the recovery process.

folder....
find
quote
#23
(06-19-2012, 02:39 PM)sntyad Wrote: hard disk

just get the hp partitioning tool http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Noteb...d-p/742019

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77449-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=4043591&sw_lang=

will try to figure out what is it tonight,
thanks for your help and quick respond
find
quote
#24
(06-19-2012, 02:39 PM)sntyad Wrote: hard disk

just get the hp partitioning tool http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Noteb...d-p/742019

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77449-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=4043591&sw_lang=

hp bios current

for the recovery process.

folder....

So, by what've you mention, what my take is.
get the HP recovery partition (D:\) along with the three BIOS file on a USB,
and then boot with Win+B,

If that's the case, then I need to take out my hard drive and put it into another PC to do the process, right?
since my laptop now is in brick condition
find
quote
#25
I've recently bought an Intel WLAN 6230 card, I knew the 104 and whitelist long before I've made the purchase. I've come long enough from a BIOS newbie to try to replace the card ID and/or remove the whitelist by using Phoenix and WinHex.

I follow this guide to make the mod,
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...d-requests
I've did a "No SLIC" and "Allow users to modify other modules." in Phoenix, then use xsearch to locate my card ID and edit the it using Winhex in the DUMP folder.
(I've tried to use EzH2O, but get "the FD file doesn't have FV info" and "This is not a FD file" warning from different version of EzH2O)

At first, I thought I made it a modded BIOS, so I replaced it inside the spXXXXX folder into to let it flash. Once InsydeFlash show up, it pops me with a message of "The BIOS image is corrupted or doesn't contain the correct digital signature.The system BIOS wil not be updated."

So then, I go back up to our best friend google. and finds someone said to patch the iscflash.dll. I was stupid enough to just copy a iscflash.dll from this file, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe
(Btw, i saw someone said the mod above has successful remove whitelist, i tried, but turns out nothing.)
and then "The BIOS image is corrupted,,,,," message was gone and got it to flash the BIOS. I thought i could give it a try so I clicked start.

and you might know the outcome now, my laptop won't boot. i tried a few times with USB recovery(change it to .BIN, with the "current" folder or without), still no success. back to research. just locate the files in this page http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-MU...-IMPORTANT
will give it try later tonight.

I don't know if there's any other method to recover it from the brick. If so, I hope you could tell me.
and also, I am looking for help from you to mod the add ID/remove whitelist BIOS for me. I've come long enough from a BIOS newbie and the brick just freaking me out.

Here's my info for the laptop:
model: HP - dm4 - 2070us
BIOS type: Insyde/EFI
versoin: F.14
BIOS file: sp55454.exe (01651.fd)
link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55454.exe

I don't remember the device ID for both card, as I have them saved in a .txt inside the bricked laptop. and I am sending this email far away from my bricked laptop. However, i still remember part of their info, hope it would help.
Or a complete removed whitelist would help.

Old card: Intel wifi 1000
Vendor:8086
Device: 0084
Subsys: not remember

New card: Intel 6230N
Vendor:8086
Device 0091
Subsys: not remember

So, that's pretty much it.
and Your help would be very much appreciated and long remembered.
So, I hope you could lend a hand or at least let me know what I should do.
Thanks!!

Matt
find
quote
#26
Hi, please help me with this issue.

I have installed the Insyde F.03 BIOS currently but can't find a link for the .exe

So if anyone knows how to do it with that BIOS ok, if not below is the information of the currently available update from HP.com

-Manufacturer: HP
-Model: DM4-2015DX
-Bios revision: F.14 (2011-12-09)
-Bios Type: Insyde
-Bios Download Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55454.exe
-Card I want to use: INTEL Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#27
I found a BIOS mod that removes the HP whitelist for DM4 model laptops.

Just happened to stumble upon this thread. Where "camiloml" created a modified version of F.04 BIOS for DM4 HP laptop that removes the whitelist check altogether.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ge...OS?page=13

Intel 6230 adapter is now installed and working.

THANKS! Big Grin
find
quote
#28
Current Bios: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54880.exe (InsydeH20 F.13 Rev. 3.5)
Original WLAN card PCI ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34
(Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030)
Bios is RSA signed and im willing to test out files
find
quote
#29
^bump
find
quote
#30
Anyone?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)