Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 186
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 153
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223416
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119067
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6720
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61885
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 549
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20198
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169088
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6242
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 748
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5722
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61081
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274915
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 865
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24802

PCIe card Whitelist in Lenovo Desktops
#1
Hello,

I have two Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops, one is M90p and the other is M71e.
I also have two PCIe network cards, SuperMicro AOC-SG-I2 and HP NC360T.

When I put the HP card in the M90p, it works perfectly. However, when I put the HP card in the M71e or when I put the SuperMicro card in either one of them, the OS does not see the card. (This is true in Windows 7, Windows 10 Preview, and FreeBSD.)

Because the M71e is still in warranty, I called Lenovo support, and they told me that the BIOS of these machines has a whitelist of what PCIe cards it accepts. The tech support guy didn't know for sure, but guessed that the HP card is similar enough to something else on the whitelist in the M90p, but that card is no longer allowed in the M71e. (Note that, despite the numbers, the M71e is newer than the M90p.)

I have long known about the Wifi restrictions in the laptop BIOS, and I see that there is a forum here for that, but I wasn't sure what to do about these - they aren't wifi cards, so they don't really qualify for that board.

What should I do? Has anyone had any experience with these (or similar) issues?

Thank You!
find
quote
#2
(11-13-2014, 10:36 PM)kohenkatz Wrote: Hello,

I have two Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops, one is M90p and the other is M71e.
I also have two PCIe network cards, SuperMicro AOC-SG-I2 and HP NC360T.

When I put the HP card in the M90p, it works perfectly. However, when I put the HP card in the M71e or when I put the SuperMicro card in either one of them, the OS does not see the card. (This is true in Windows 7, Windows 10 Preview, and FreeBSD.)

Because the M71e is still in warranty, I called Lenovo support, and they told me that the BIOS of these machines has a whitelist of what PCIe cards it accepts. The tech support guy didn't know for sure, but guessed that the HP card is similar enough to something else on the whitelist in the M90p, but that card is no longer allowed in the M71e. (Note that, despite the numbers, the M71e is newer than the M90p.)

I have long known about the Wifi restrictions in the laptop BIOS, and I see that there is a forum here for that, but I wasn't sure what to do about these - they aren't wifi cards, so they don't really qualify for that board.

What should I do? Has anyone had any experience with these (or similar) issues?

Thank You!


Ok friend,
all Lenovo Laptops have the Whitelist into Bios and It manifests itself giving Error 1082 or 1084 at Bootstrap Bios.
So if You can Boot your System without issue, but Windows cannot find the WiFi Card thre is a compatibility issue may be a Pinout issue and You can try to tapeing Pin #51 for Blutooth and Pin #20 for WLan Power Switch On !
If do You want to check Whitelist presence into your Bios then use these tools both for any laptop and run them as Admin, then upload results files here and I will analyze them for You :

http://rghost.net/58219938

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me know
Regards

Look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-T...ware-Flash

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(11-14-2014, 04:09 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(11-13-2014, 10:36 PM)kohenkatz Wrote: Hello,

I have two Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops, [...].

[...], I called Lenovo support, and they told me that the BIOS of these machines has a whitelist of what PCIe cards it accepts.

[...] they aren't wifi cards, [...]

all Lenovo Laptops have the Whitelist into Bios [...]

[...] Windows cannot find the WiFi Card there is a compatibility issue [...]

Thank you for the reply. However, as you can see from the differences that I highlighted in the quotes above, what you said doesn't really address the issue. I'll run those tools anyway to see what I get, but I want to know if talking about desktops changes anything.

Thank you again.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)