Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 79
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221629
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118832
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 121
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6610
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 218
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308804
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61657
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20049
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168703
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6090
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60863
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274751
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 739
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24711
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694531
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174332

BRICKED BIOS (Lenovo IdeaPad Z475)
#1
Hello everyone.

A few days ago I was trying to remove a boot menu entry on Linux using efibootmgr on an Ubuntu 17.10.1 Live USB. After I rebooted, my BIOS started to act strange.

I must keep it clear that I haven't had ANY issues while using efibootmgr, until now. I have used this same tool on another computer and even this exact same laptop WITH LUCK, but somehow, in this case all it did was corrupt the BIOS firmware.


When I turn on the laptop, the screen is completely blank for 8 seconds (not even the LCD backlit is turned on), which is weird because when the BIOS worked, those 7 seconds would be 2 seconds.

After those 7 seconds have passed, the LCD backlit turns on, but it is still showing nothing on the screen.

After 3 seconds, a blinking MSDOS-like cursor appears for a few moments, and then quickly dissapears. After this, the laptop refuses to show any signs of life.

I must clarify that I don't see any kind of splash vendor picture, not any progress bar (like it used to do), not any "Press F2 for Setup" kind of thing. Everything's just black and empty.


So, I began to think that the BIOS got bricked, so I took apart the laptop and tried to find the BIOS chip, and I think it is this one (see attached picture).

I googled the model of that chip and found out that it is a "Serial Flash Memory". I have no idea of what that means.

I've heard that I can unbrick the BIOS by using a USB BIOS flasher and a 8-pin chip clip. But I don't have any of those yet because I live in a third world country (Venezuela), and I don't think I will ever be able to unbrick the BIOS.

Any kind of advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk[Image: 2f863971f67f57a7ded4d50a7c6903d7.jpg]
find
quote
#2
UPDATE: Forgot to mention that it's a Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS. I don't know the version number but I'm pretty sure it was made around 2011, because that's when this laptop was released. I have never updated the BIOS though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#3
UPDATE 2: I have tried to do the "WINCRIS" method but it didn't work quite well for me. I have tried everything. I need help please.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)